New Remora fan.

New Remora fan.

This is a discussion on New Remora fan. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; image.jpg I tried my new Remora today vs my DeSantis. I've got to say, the Remora wins. Both are equally comfortable, but as everyone says... ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: New Remora fan.

New Remora fan.

image.jpg

I tried my new Remora today vs my DeSantis. I've got to say, the Remora wins. Both are equally comfortable, but as everyone says... This thing just does not move.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Smarshe View Post
    image.jpg

I tried my new Remora today vs my DeSantis. I've got to say, the Remora wins. Both are equally comfortable, but as everyone says... This thing just does not move.
    Gonna order one for my G26 tomorrow.

Wait till you take a trip in your car it's great for cross draw than move to strong side upon arrival.
    bigmacque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    Wait till you take a trip in your car it's great for cross draw than move to strong side upon arrival.
    I usually just put it on the seat, but that's a great idea.

Congrats, so simple yet so effective and SO comfortable. I am ordering another just for summer carry with the sweat shield. I found that carrying my heavier 229 is most comfortable right about 4 o'clock with a slight forward cant. Again, congrats, it's a great option that doesn't break the bank in the least. Beauty is, over time, the Remora gets to know your gun more and more.
    Primary CC - Sig P938
    USMC Veteran 87-93

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Road trips with the Remora are great, I can tuck it between the seats, in the door panel, under the console -- and then just tuck it in my pocket or in my waistband. Easily the best holster I have to take on and off if I'm getting in and out of the truck.
    RichB70 likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    I usually just put it on the seat, but that's a great idea.
    This may work in Fl but will not work in SC, where the firearm must be secured in a closed compartment such as console, glove or trunk. You leave it on your seat in SC, you invite a problem. I do exactly what Easy8 mentioned--I may not move it all the way over for cross draw but can certainly move it enough so that it is not poking me as I sit in car, yet is available for a timely draw, if necessary---this, to me, is one of the real advantages of the Remora since my CC is not 24/7; based on situational awareness (SA), car/road rage is near the top of my SA list and my firearm is still CC yet available for draw.
    Smarshe likes this.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    You do have to be very careful setting it on the seat. If it's at all visible to anyone passing by, it's considered open carry in Florida. That's a no-no.
    FlaRon likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

image.jpg

I've got both too (assuming you mean DeSantis Nemesis). I love the Remora for daily wear. I still prefer the Nemesis for those rare times when I pocket carry.
    Smarshe likes this.

I've had my Remora for a while now and while it took some getting used to, it's now my regular EDC holster. It doesn't move and can be adjusted to whatever my carry situation needs. I still also use my belly band, but that's only when I need to go with a tucked in shirt and no jacket.
    RickyD likes this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    I've had my Remora for a while now and while it took some getting used to, it's now my regular EDC holster. It doesn't move and can be adjusted to whatever my carry situation needs. I still also use my belly band, but that's only when I need to go with a tucked in shirt and no jacket.
    I use a very similar system. I use my Remora holster with jeans or shorts and a Pistol Wear holster with business clothes. The Remora is very comfortable and it is easy to adjust if you are getting in and out of the car a lot. Great holster! Smarshe, welcome to the club!

It is good to hear all the positive feedback for Remora holsters. I actually took advantage of their current Saint Patrick's Day special discount to order two no-clip IWB holsters, one for my S&W Bodyguard ( 2A) and one for Ruger LCP (2R). I primarily intended these for use with my jogging/workout clothes as well as my lounge around the house clothes. That is shorts or sweat pants with elastic waistband and no belt.

One thing I am wondering about is performance when a “pit stop” is necessary? I was thinking that by simply dropping the waistband partly down all around that pressure against my thigh would keep everything in place. I don't imagine that this would work for ordinary street clothes, say jeans with a belt where the belt, top jean button, and fly is undone?

I just wanted to add my .02 about remora holsters. I have now purchaced two of their holsters, both for my M&P 9c and their product and customer service top notch. No the holsters arent magical and perfect for every situation and yes they do move slightly when wearing them all day, but all things considered they work great! Just had to show remora some love!

Quote Originally Posted by elfman View Post
    It is good to hear all the positive feedback for Remora holsters. I actually took advantage of their current Saint Patrick's Day special discount to order two no-clip IWB holsters, one for my S&W Bodyguard ( 2A) and one for Ruger LCP (2R). I primarily intended these for use with my jogging/workout clothes as well as my lounge around the house clothes. That is shorts or sweat pants with elastic waistband and no belt.

One thing I am wondering about is performance when a “pit stop” is necessary? I was thinking that by simply dropping the waistband partly down all around that pressure against my thigh would keep everything in place. I don't imagine that this would work for ordinary street clothes, say jeans with a belt where the belt, top jean button, and fly is undone?
    For a pit stop, I put the holster with Bodyguard still in it in my front pants pocket. When I'm done I put it back on my hip. For workout pants with no pockets, just set it in the "hammock".

Smarshe,

Glad you like your Remora.

I use one for pocket carry of my S&W Model 60.

In Florida the gun has to be "securely encased" when carried in a private conveyance. F.S.S. 790.25 (3)(l).

A holster with retaining device will qualify.

If you have a CCW and I assume you do then as others have said, on your person cross draw with your Remora works for seated in a vehicle.

Regards,

FlaRon
    II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T. Larkin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links