Shield holster

Shield holster

This is a discussion on Shield holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a holster for my new shield, I have a leather Galco holster and a Kydex RRCS holster for the full-size. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shield holster

Shield holster

I am looking for a holster for my new shield, I have a leather Galco holster and a Kydex RRCS holster for the full-size. I don’t like the leather, it has too much grip on my underwear and causes them to bunch up, the kydex is great a lot more comfortable but it feels "cheep". I did a Google search and found this site:

DeSantis Holsters
    Raven Concealment Systems

I really like the cant my RRCS has and think I will want my shield on a cant too, also I like how some have a mag pouch attached. I have mag pouches I could put on my belt. I am looking for a IWB holster.

Does anyone have experience with these holsters? Any recommendations are welcome.
    DPMS AR-15
    Mossberg 835 Ulti-MAG
    M&P .40sw
    M&P Shield .40sw

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Have you looked at N82? It's an IWB. Not sure if you wanted IWB or OWB. The one I'm looking at is like $80 for my shield 9mm. It has leather on the outside but sued on the inner lining. Looks very well made. Just a recommendation.
    Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

Highnoon Bare Asset. $29 and in stock. I also have a comptac Minotaur that I have a shield body for, but for me it's a little overkill for the shield. I use the comptac more with my m&p 40c. I would suggest you try the highnoon. For $29, if you hate it (which I doubt you will) your not out much.

Check out this thread:

Holster for the shield - MP-Pistol Forum

I have the DeSantis Pocket-tuk for my Shield. I bought it on sale at CTD for $19. It's a pretty decent holster for the price.

Shoots with: M&P9, M&P22, and M&P Shield-9, Glock G42

Have you tried going Comando? This will put an end to your panties bunching up! I like the N82 Original for my Shield. I found the Professional to be a little too bulky. Good luck!
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

I carry my Shield in a Hidden Hybrid Holster. I liked it so much I bought one for my G17. It has adjustable cant and retention. It also has belt holes so that it can be worn outside with the clips removed. It is very comfortable.

I ordered a Hidden Hybrid for both my Shield and M&P fullsize....I figure I can try IWB and OWB with either pistol and only have to order 2 holsters

Hidden Hybrid Holsters

My current holster is a Remora for the Shield.
    Concealed means hidden from ordinary observation so as to prevent disclosure or recognition. A deadly weapon is concealed when it is carried on or about the person in such a manner that another person in the ordinary course of events would not be placed on notice that the weapon was being carried.

I, too, went with the Hidden Hybrid Holster (my post here). I've since switched out the metal clips with kydex clips from HarWell Holsters. They stay on easier for me and I dont have the small metal tab sticking out like on the metal HHH clip.

X3 for a N82, just got my original yesterday, very comfortable.

I carry mine in a Blade Tech Nano holster every day. It's a sturdy and comfortable holster.

I'm currently using a Winthrop Holster while I wait for my Milt Sparks. Very nice, and in stock!

I've been pretty happy with my Theis Hybrid for my Bersa BP9CC, but recently I bought a Silent Thunder IWB from Garrett and it's a game changer. I'll probably never buy anything else without first checking to see if there's a Garrett for it. The Silent Thunder holsters are kydex but they're lined with leather. So you get a shell that's tough, keeps its shape and won't collapse after you draw the gun but with the quiet draw of leather. And it's easier on the finish of your gun than naked kydex. Lastly, you can adjust the fit with screws. I see it's offered for the Shield. I'm really bummed that can't make one for my Browing Hi-Power.

If you're going to carry a striker-fired sidearm with no manual safety, it's nice to have a very rigid holster. That's what I love about the ST IWB, just extremely rigid and sturdy.

That Silent Thunder is pretty snazzy!
    Concealed means hidden from ordinary observation so as to prevent disclosure or recognition. A deadly weapon is concealed when it is carried on or about the person in such a manner that another person in the ordinary course of events would not be placed on notice that the weapon was being carried.

SHTF Ace-1..... love mine
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links