IWB choices for my new Kimber...

This is a discussion on IWB choices for my new Kimber... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just bought a Kimber Pro Carry HD II at the local gunshow this weekend and i plan to try carrying it as my first CHL. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IWB choices for my new Kimber...

Just bought a Kimber Pro Carry HD II at the local gunshow this weekend and i plan to try carrying it as my first CHL.
    Just looking for a bit of advice from seasoned holster aficionados.

Given the opportunity, would you spend twice the ammount on a Milt Sparks VM-2 if you could have it in less time than a UBG Striker 2?
    I dont have any hands on experience with either of these, just trying to get some friendly advice. They both seem to be great holster makers, but i've only recently been looking at the UBG (which i hear is awesome, especially for the price and lead time). Always hear great things about Milt Sparks, but of course the price is over 2 times as much.

Here's my new baby by the way:

Got a great deal I think. It's supposedly used, but i couldnt find a speck of dirt or wear. Got out the door with it for $585 . Just needs night sights.
    Last edited by levi333; November 6th, 2006 at 12:42 AM.

VIP Member
    Oh man I like that Kimber!

I'm gonna be accused of being a sales rep for Milt Sparks but here goes again...

I have a VM-II for every handgun I own! I love 'em and have endured the price and wait a few times. I think they're worth it!

I have seen a few Milt Sparks holsters, some even new, show up on e-bay! Lightning Arms and Top Gun Supply get them in from time to time too.

Maybe you should just send me that Kimber and save yourself the stress!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

nice piece....as far as the holster goes it really depends on the quality you want and how long you are willing to wait. every holster maker has good products. your opinion in the end counts.
    Last edited by afeazell21; November 6th, 2006 at 02:24 AM. Reason: spelling
    "Dont be afraid to go after what you want to do, and what you want to be. But don't be afraid to be willing to pay the price." - Lane Frost

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Just my opinion, you will end up buy more holsters as you start to carry more. Get the UBG, and then put the order in for a VM II. You'll have two quality holsters right from the start. You'd be spending good money on a off the shelf holster to carry it in until the VM II came in anyway. Give Nate a call and let him set you up.

CDH
    Ken Null makes some excellent holsters, and he specializes in .45 autos (although he does do others).

His UNS holster is a great IWB holster because of the way it smooths out the print of the pistol better than some others.

The reason I mention it is because his backlog is only about 2 weeks at the moment, although that will probably go up if more idiots like me keep making that public.

http://www.klnullholsters.com/
    The UNS is the one on the right under "Inside Waistband".

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Well the glory of your carry gun choice is you have all of the choices in the world.....quite literally.

All makers mentioned are fine holster makers....The VM2 is probably the most "famous" offset loop IWB holster around. There are many like it that will give you many years of great service.

Look at all of the makers mentioned and on this board and you will find something that you like.

Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalKracker View Post
    Just my opinion, you will end up buy more holsters as you start to carry more. Get the UBG, and then put the order in for a VM II. You'll have two quality holsters right from the start. You'd be spending good money on a off the shelf holster to carry it in until the VM II came in anyway. Give Nate a call and let him set you up.
    The thing is, I can get VMII faster than the UGB...
    I'm actually leaning towards... BOTH! Nate has been VERY helpful, answering my questions via email, and providing a couple pics at my request.

A Good CCW Holster is a Necessity

Plus one on the Ken Null recommendation. He crafted a beautiful horsehide UNS IWB holster for my (then) new Glock 32 and delivered it to my door in less than two weeks, at a fair price. It's molded to the contours of the gun and provides both good retention and an easy draw. And it allows good concealed carry comfortably all day.

Well, i just ordered a UBG Striker I and am planning on getting a VM-II as well.
    Once you start its hard to stop!

I have the proverbial box of holsters, I couldn't find exactly what I wanted so I started making my own and it kinda caught on.

There are so many great designs out there, I like to work with some classic things- I am working on a Roy Baker inspired pancake at the moment.

VM II is great, anything from UBGH is great, with the options available these days you almost can't go wrong.
    Ranger Gunleather

If light rails were needed on handguns John Browning would have included it on the 1911.

Ken L. Null

Ken L. Null makes the best CCW holster I have seen for large holsters. The first is his UNS with my Glock 21 and the second is Ken's version of the Vern Humphrey that he custom made for me. Both of these IWB holsters work really well. Regards, Richard

UNS:

Vern Humphrey:

There are many really good custom holster manufacturers out there and I have quite a few and truly love them and wear them all.

Brommeland Gunleather's Max Con V -IWB for my XD-45

Milt Sparks' Versa Max 2 -IWB for my 4" Wilson Professional

HBE Leatherworks Com V IWB for my S&W Revolver

DeSantis Gunhide Belt Scabbard -OWB for my 4" Redhawk

Don Hume 721OT -OWB for my Ruger 3" SP-101
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by levi333 View Post
    Well, i just ordered a UBG Striker I and am planning on getting a VM-II as well.
    Once you start its hard to stop!
    Amen, brother. Gets to be habit forming.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Dunn View Post
    I have the proverbial box of holsters, I couldn't find exactly what I wanted so I started making my own and it kinda caught on.

There are so many great designs out there, I like to work with some classic things- I am working on a Roy Baker inspired pancake at the moment.

VM II is great, anything from UBGH is great, with the options available these days you almost can't go wrong.
    Seems to me that quite a few of the older (well know) and younger JUst starting) are hanging out here at times, and we ( ME) gain by getting to see and compare and ask question about the products that they make. The makers gain by getting feedback on their product right away. They can find out what is going over with the people that use their product and how they might improve it.

Mine rides in a Gary Brommeland www.brommelandgunleather.com , Max Con V. A great holster, I have 3 of 'em for 3 sizes of 1911's. I can wear any of them all day and barely know I have a gun on.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links