Looking for feedback on Comp-Tac belt clips

This is a discussion on Looking for feedback on Comp-Tac belt clips within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've accumulated a number of IWB holsters at this point, and one thing I am consistently disappointed in is the cheap and overly large belt ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Compa49
  • 1 Post By NC Bullseye
  • 1 Post By Jdunn217

Thread: Looking for feedback on Comp-Tac belt clips

I've accumulated a number of IWB holsters at this point, and one thing I am consistently disappointed in is the cheap and overly large belt clips most holsters have.

My primary gun belt is only 1 1/4" wide, so 2" standard belt clips are far too long, and too noticeable - as you can see on my N82 holster here:
    N82 holster.jpg

I'm interested in the Comp-Tac standard clips or C-clips that can be ordered in custom sizes and several colors: Mounting Options - They're kind of pricey - $17 plus shipping for one pair.

Does anyone here use a holster with the Comp-tac standard clips or c-clips on it? If so, what do you think of these clips?
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

I too have been thinking of getting the clips from Comp-tac. I have yet to receive my holster but have a similar concern as yours. You should also check out Galco because they also have c-clips in 1 1/4 inch size. I have provided a link Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters. I like the idea of the behind the belt c-clip since it is more concealable but am concerned of durability or how easily will it come off my belt. Especially in a time of need, if it ever comes to that.

I just checked comp-tac and they have both their 1 1/4 inch clips on clearance. So you wouldn't be out much if you try them.
    MrsHB likes this.

Once you try the comp tac standard clip you will never own another metal clip or the wide kydex kind. I used to go through a set of clips on my ctac about every 4 to 6 months. The new style clips are a much tougher material and I've yet to wear out a set after two years. Comp Tac is the only one that has made a decent clip that I've found.
    MrsHB likes this.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

I'm currently using C clips with a MTAC. So far I have no complaints, they are nice durable clips. I have a quarter inch thick belt. It was kind of hard to feed the belt through at first as a quarter inch is the max belt width the clip will take, but once I got the hang of it I started to like the snug fit. I don't see a way for these clips to wear out like standard metal clips so hopefully they will last a long time!
    MrsHB likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Compa49 View Post
    I just checked comp-tac and they have both their 1 1/4 inch clips on clearance. So you wouldn't be out much if you try them.
    Thanks for the tip! I'm so glad you pointed this out. When I went to check on the sale price, I saw that this is a close-out sale; Comp-tac is no longer going to offer 1 1/4" clips. They're on sale for $2.00 each... while supplies last.

I was able to order 2 brown standard clips and 2 brown c-clips to fit the 1 1/4" belt in the picture above, for only $8. Regular price would've been $34!

Thanks everyone for the input!
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Yeah, I'm going to order some c clips to try on my old faithful holster, which I'm waiting on. Too bad my belt is 1 1/2 inch, I won't be able to get the clearance price. That is killer.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I replaced the stock clips on my Supertuck with these a year or so ago, they have held up well and they are less noticeable.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Considered a new belt? Thin little belts are kind of out of style aren't they?

plus 2 on a different belt. I went to an actual gun belt. 1.5" wide and I am never going back to a thin belt. A good gun belt will probably make holsters you have tried and hated, work.

Tom/Dan: Not sure why you assumed this wasn't a gun belt. The belt I'm wearing in the photo is a Galco CB2. It's reinforced for added stiffness and is far more supportive than my 1 1/2" gun belt. This is the belt I use to carry my all-steel .357 revolver. Belt loops on women's pants are often too small to accommodate a wide belt.

Update: Since starting this topic, I received my Comp-tac belt clips. I am VERY happy with them!

I removed the cheap metal clip from my N82 holster and replaced it with one of the Comp-tac C-clips. The clip really "locks" around this belt and holds the rig firmly. It eliminated the shifting I had with the oversized metal clip, which was wallowing around on my belt. The c-clip slides onto my belt easily. Not only does it conceal better than the long metal clip -- it also made my N82 tuckable. Here's a picture:
    c clip 001.jpg

I will be replacing the clips on my hybrid holster with Comp-tac clips as well! Great product.
    NRA Life Member

I too received my c clips. Too bad I'm still waiting on my holster so I can try them out. Hopefully I won't have to wait too much longer.

Links