First IWB

This is a discussion on First IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought about a month ago a DeSantis IWB Scorpion for my K40.Works real nice UNTILL you strap it on and then you can't draw ...

Thread: First IWB

First IWB

I bought about a month ago a DeSantis IWB Scorpion for my K40.Works real nice UNTILL you strap it on and then you can't draw to save your life I've loosened the tension screws still no good!What can you do to make these things work? I bought it cause being left handed the local shops around here just don't offer much for lefties other than uncle mikes.Also being ummm rather short and stocky it is very concealed without having to wear real bulky clothes to make me look even fatter I had disc surgery right after buying it so I couldn't really try it untill now!
    US Paratroopers give the enemy maxnimum opportunity to give his life for his country

2. Remove Ads

Try wrapping the gun in 2 layers wax paper and putting it in the holster for a day

With the tension screw all the way loose that should stretch the holster some but not too much

Leather lightning does wonders.You can buy it through Mitch Rosen.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Sorry for your experiance with it , first off i would say put you pistol in a couple of ziplock bags , then in the holster overnight . Second i would say that we have a fiew of the better custom leathersmiths on this board as members , try contacting one or more of them for a solution with your current holster , or a holster that will work for you .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

VIP Member
    Isn't the Scorpion a Kydex holster? I think it is. If so, a low-set blow dryer should work.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

VIP Member
    Since I discovered the "bag" method I haven't needed to use silicone spray but, it sure does slick up the inside of a holster! Might work on Kydex?
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Wax paper method works best IME

Baby powder the leather inside. It will help release the gun from the leather and side benefits it will stop squeaks.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Lead Moderator
    kydex typically requires heat to re mold . Otherwise it will just return to original dimensions and shape. Liquid or powder will not affect it.
    Either use a hair dryer on hi setting or low flame from a stove, just letting the heat wash over the holster w/ gun in it. do not remove the gun till the holster is cool.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Since you mentioned your size, is it possible you have the belt too tight? I've found this will hold the gun in. You might try loosing the belt a notch, and see if that helps.

I've started to use the Wilderness belt since you can control the exact fit, and not rely on the holes found in the usual belt.

Hope this helps.
    Common Sense, the rarest of all senses

Links