Hybrid IWB for J frame: Crossbreed or FoxX?

This is a discussion on Hybrid IWB for J frame: Crossbreed or FoxX? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am in the market for a hybrid IWB holster, and want opinions on these two. I have never tried a hybrid yet, but heard ...

Thread: Hybrid IWB for J frame: Crossbreed or FoxX?

Hybrid IWB for J frame: Crossbreed or FoxX?

I am in the market for a hybrid IWB holster, and want opinions on these two. I have never tried a hybrid yet, but heard a lot of good things about them. First off, what are your thoughts between the two, especially if you have experience with both. I plan on seeing if I can get a crossbreed second, otherwise the price on the foxX is better. Secondly, what are your thoughts on the clips? Stay with the standard metal clips? Or look into some of those J clips? Do they make a difference in ease of use, and how hard are they on a leather belt?
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

2. Remove Ads

Well, I only have experience with the FoxX but I can say that I love it. I carry a compact auto, and it hide it very very well...super comfortable too. I bet if you closed your eyes you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between any hybrid holster out there. I was sold on the crossbreed, but I am impatient and didn't want to wait...ordered the foxX and it showed up a little over a week after I ordered it. As for the holster, feels like nothing is there....still getting used to it as I used to carry Appendix, the printing paranoia is slowly subsiding.
    I recently bought a Carhartt Journeyman (I think that's what it's called) and it works pretty well for a $20 belt. I have the metal clips and they do mark the belt a little, but it's not too bad.
    The only issue I have with this holster is that it's not super easy to put on, especially in the car (don't ask) this is where appendix carry is really nice and easy. I'd venture to say that regardless of the brand you choose, you'll like the Hybrid....as for the FoxX, the time frame is nice, as is the price......

Hope this helps.

I got the Little Foxx for my LCR been wearing it for 2wks. It conceals well and is comfortable and you don't have all the extra leather. I have a Crossbreed for a SP-101 I find the Little Foxx more comfortable.

I carry a sp101 or a mod 60 everyday cant beat milt sparks summer special holds nice an tight dont even know its there

While you are at it why not check out Tommy Theis holsters too?

I personally prefer the "j" clips. The show less and will not mark up a nice leather belt.

Thanks for the feedback. I have heard that these holsters are a little more difficult to put on, but I figure it's worth a try. Easy8: I have heard nothing but good reviews on those milt sparks, but I can't drop that kind of money on a holster at the moment. I have never tried a hybrid holster, so thought I might give that a shot. Ill keep your recommendation in mind for later down the road.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I have the fox hybrid holster for my glock 19 and kahr cm9. I do love the holsters. However, it is a pain to take on and off. If I had to go to a gun free zone, I would keep my hybrid holster on and transfer my pistol to another holster to lock up in the car. The last two weeks I have been carrying my Kahr cm9 and s & w shield in Foxx Trap holsters. These are awesome. Very low profile and easy to get on and off. This will probably permanently replace my hybrid holsters in the near future.
    Here is a link to the new Foxx Trap holster.
    Videos

Links