Defensive Carry banner

Milt Sparks IWB options

3K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  ibanda 
#1 ·
so, i'm after a holster for my sa mil-spec 45. i think i want to try a IWB holster. of the available IWB's available from Milt Sparks, these 3 all have great descriptions, but i dont know which is the best of the 3.

EX, SS-2, or VM-2

any opinions, testimony ??

thanks

#2 ·
Personally I'd go with the VM-II... actually I already have! :biggrin2:

I have one for every gun I carry! Springfield Champion, SIG P-226R, Glock 23, Glock 27 and the list goes on!

There's a lot of choices out there to be sure, for me this is the ONLY IWB holster I will ever use! (I'm kinda funny that way!) :image035:

#5 ·
If you don't like it (not likely) I'll buy it from you!
Of course, that'll mean I'd need to buy a new gun to go in it... but that's okay! :rofl:

#7 ·
but even MS says its their low end model:

"the WS-1 is NOT, nor was it ever meant to be the benchmark of Milt Sparks quality! The Watch Six (WS-1) was originally conceived as an economical and less labor intensive alternative to the rest of our more expensive, premium line of IWB holsters."

#8 ·
You left the best choice off of your short list, the Watch Six. As slimjim does, I vote for the Watch Six.

It is very similar to the Versa Max, with one major difference--the Watch Six does NOT have the reinforced mouth as does the VM. This means it's thinner and easier to conceal. On the downside, if re-holstering is important to you (it's not to me), the reinforced mouth of the VM is a better choice.

I've searched for the perfect IWB holster, and the Watch Six is the one I think is great.

Since it takes a 4-5 month wait to get a new holster from Milt Sparks, if you get it and don't like it, you can easily sell it for what you have in it, since folks are looking to avoid that long wait.

Good luck.

#10 ·
Might give Lightning Arms Sports a shout. They often have Milt Sparks in stock. It will be some money higher to get it from them (that's their business), but you'll have it in 3 days.
I got one of my Milt Sparks holsters from them as I needed it faster than Tony could make it.
These days I usually always have one holster on order for something I have. If I don't like it when it arrives, I can easily sell it as JimmyC said.

#12 ·
I've owned both the Watch Six and the Versa Max II for my 1911's. They are both excellent holsters, but I ended up selling the Watch Six due to lack of easy reholstering.
I do a fair amount of training with this rig.
They are worth the wait time.:tongue:
Good luck. :smile:

#14 ·
8 months now? I'm still waiting for my vm2, ordered it in july. They said 26 weeks. I should probably give them a call. Anyways, since the shop is local, I went there the day I received my permit, didn't know what I wanted, and they were very helpful and courteous to this newby. Other than the wait, they are a great company to deal with.

#18 ·
Sparks

Unless you're just dead set on Milt Sparks, you could try one of the makers on this forum. HBE leather works(Eric Larson), Gary Brommeland, and Greg Dunn all make excellent holsters of the same high quality as Sparks and I'm pretty sure all three make a variation of the watch six. You could give them a call, who knows, you might get something you like better somewhat faster.

#19 ·
Unless you're just dead set on Milt Sparks, you could try one of the makers on this forum. HBE leather works(Eric Larson), Gary Brommeland, and Greg Dunn all make excellent holsters of the same high quality as Sparks and I'm pretty sure all three make a variation of the watch six. You could give them a call, who knows, you might get something you like better somewhat faster.
i only know that many people say the MS holsters are great, worth the $$, and worth the wait.

i found a ws-1 available online. i'll get that and try it. then perhaps i'll order a vm-2 or something similiar from another maker.

i was also looking at the KL Null UNS.

#26 ·
Sound wisdom! :wink:

Let us know how you like the Null! :yup:

#27 ·
Well Im sure youll like your Null...he does some good stuff.

Out of the MS rigs you mention...I TOO prefer the Watch Six...they can call it their budget line or whatever...but I love the comfort and thinness of the non reinforced setup.

Shoot well and god bless

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.