Looking for a good holster for cross draw carry.

This is a discussion on Looking for a good holster for cross draw carry. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had tried cross draw carry years ago, but decided to go with strong side carry at 3 o'clock. But I've been doing cross draw ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FlaRon

Thread: Looking for a good holster for cross draw carry.

I had tried cross draw carry years ago, but decided to go with strong side carry at 3 o'clock. But I've been doing cross draw exclusively for the last few weeks.

But now I need a proper holster for doing it. I'd prefer not to spend a bunch of money, but hey whatever. I had been carrying my M9 for the last couple of years straight, but I'm back to carrying my CZ75. So I'd need a holster made for it, or one that would work for it.

Any ideas fellas?

Looking for OWB or IWB options. Something that can be worn close to the body for concealed carry.

Oh. I also prefer retention of some kind. Being here in VA and in an area where problems won't arise, I open carry sometimes. So retention is a must. I generally prefer thumb breaks. Not interested in Serpa type systems.

My typical open carry holster is a Bianchi #59. It's a great holster for strong or weak side. But a concealment holster it is not.

This would be a holster to carry at around 9 o'clock. Either in a straight vertical configuration or with a slight forward can't. Not looking for something that carries the gun at a super extreme can't or horizontally.

Thanks!

Here's one by Aker that's a version of my Nichols Avenger for them; this one in crossdraw. Sight protection, tension screw, modest carry angle, the lot.

169_169XAvengerX_0011.jpg
    Red (Richard) Nichols

I ordered one from Haugen called sudden strike, model 21. He is adding a thumb at no additional charge. Have not received it yet(about 6-8 week wait). I will let you know when I get it. Nice guy though, Jerry I think. $100.

Natesquared tactical...
    Here's a link to a quick review...
    Received my new IWB holster and all i gotta say is great job N8squared!

Oh I should have mentioned the Haugen is owb with thumb break added. I am new to holsters but thought owb with loose shirt would be more comfortable. also it is leather which is what I wanted.

Cool

High Noon Holsters

Look through their complete line.

I carry my Glock 23 AIWB in their Public Secret holster.

Regards,

FlaRon

P.S.

The folks at Simply Rugged Holsters have a very complete line of cross draw holsters:

http://www.simplyrugged.com
    Attached Images
    glockman10mm likes this.
    II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T. Larkin

I just posted a review of my new Sideguard Tuck Clip, built with a -15 degree cant for cross-draw. I love it. I wanted leather and a single clip, knowing that those two characteristics can cost you stability and retention if not done right. This one is done right.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters.
    If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.
    --Alan Simpson

You may want to look at Remora, it can do crossdraw and much more. They have a two for one sale going now. See link, The Official Store of the Original Remora "No Clip" IWB Concealment Holster

Links