Glock 27 IWB Holsters-MTAC vs Crossbreed?

This is a discussion on Glock 27 IWB Holsters-MTAC vs Crossbreed? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for the best IWB holster for my Glock 27. I just took my handgun permit class so this will be my first ...

I am looking for the best IWB holster for my Glock 27. I just took my handgun permit class so this will be my first time carrying. I think I have narrowed it down to the Comp Tac Mtac and Crossbreed Supertuck. I am leaning more towards the Mtac. If getting the mtac, should I get the slide versionwith the open end that allows for multiple frames to be carried(when choosing options on site its 9/40/357 slide) or would you get closed holster( glock 26/27/28/33 option). Has anyone had any problems with the mtac slide version when using a glock 27? I am 5 11 and 200 lbs and live in Tennessee. which holster would you recommend between the two? Please describe the comfort, ability to conceal, retention, and overall performance of the different holsters. Thank you

This is link to Comp Tacs website about slide version
    Comp-Tac Slide Version Holsters | Comp-Tac

Quote Originally Posted by tnguy4529 View Post
    I am looking for the best IWB holster for my Glock 27. I just took my handgun permit class so this will be my first time carrying. I think I have narrowed it down to the Comp Tac Mtac and Crossbreed Supertuck. I am leaning more towards the Mtac. If getting the mtac, should I get the slide versionwith the open end that allows for multiple frames to be carried(when choosing options on site its 9/40/357 slide) or would you get closed holster( glock 26/27/28/33 option). Has anyone had any problems with the mtac slide version when using a glock 27? I am 5 11 and 200 lbs and live in Tennessee. which holster would you recommend between the two? Please describe the comfort, ability to conceal, retention, and overall performance of the different holsters. Thank you

This is link to Comp Tacs website about slide version
    Comp-Tac Slide Version Holsters | Comp-Tac
    I've only had the MTAC, and I carried a Glock26 in it. Very comfortable and adjustable to get the cant just right. Retention is fully adjustable so it is 'just right'. Concealability? I put it at 4:00 dressed up and went and stood in front of my wife, turned around and put my arms in the air (I was wearing khakis and a polo). I asked her "OK, where is it?" She could not tell.

I sold the Glock, so the MTAC went with it. I wish they made one for what I carry now, I'd buy it again.

Something to consider about the slide versions. You'll want to make sure there is no chance of your front sight getting snagged on the draw with the longer barrels. If the sight sticks out the bottom, there is a possibility that needs to be looked at.

ThumperACC

Get a CBST and don't look back. Get it in horsehide, its gonna be hot out before long.

Sent from up range, at about 3100 fps

Distinguished Member
    Having owned and used both types I prefer the MTAC simply because there is less leather and it accomplishes the same thing. I also find it more comfortable, especially when sitting. YMMV.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

I got the MTAC for my G26 2 years ago and LOVED it, ended up getting one for my G19 in horse hide and another for my HK USP. Super comfortable, stable, conceals outstanding. Like the ability to adjust the retention. Plus I don't care for the crosses all over the CB though people do like their product very much.

Links