Finally Received My Crossbreed Supertuck

This is a discussion on Finally Received My Crossbreed Supertuck within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, the holster finally came in yesterday. I was disappointed when I opened the package, kind of a "this is it?" feeling, but I think ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Amperius
  • 1 Post By MJClark

Thread: Finally Received My Crossbreed Supertuck

Well, the holster finally came in yesterday. I was disappointed when I opened the package, kind of a "this is it?" feeling, but I think that is because I have been waiting for more than two months for it to arrive. I know they are slammed with orders and it's a small shop and all, it just seems like a piece of kydex, a piece of leather, a couple of screws and hooks, and some rivets should not take near as long as it did to arrive, especially considering the price.

That being said, it is incredibly comfortable to wear and conceals nicely. While wearing it around the house last night, I caught myself forgetting that I had it on. My family was unable to tell I had it on, even with a tucked shirt (I guess that's kind of the point ). Overall I am pleased with the order, and it is worth the wait in my opinion. I made the mistake with my Remora holster of not getting the ART version (cut away to allow a better grip on the gun) and made the mistake with my Crossbreed by not getting the combat cut option. I'm debating on whether or not to make the cut myself, or send it back to the store to have them do it for me. I have a call in and am waiting to hear back to see what the turn around time for something like that is. My next purchase is going to be a good gun belt, I've narrowed it down to a few, but any suggestions are always welcome.

I know there's a million threads similar to this one, I just figured I'd throw my $.02 in to the discussion as well.

-Amperius
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    I love my supertuck.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

I have a Supertuck for my SR40C , I forget I'm wearing it . Very comfortable . Also have one for a full size 1911 , does a great job with that one too. You need to get a nice heavy belt to get the full effect .
    If you can read this thank a teacher .... If its in English thank a veteran. ..
    NRA member. ..

Amperius, how long did it take to get yours? Waiting on mine right now too.

I've only had mine for a few weeks. I'm still in that break-in period I guess. So far, I find it to be very comfortable. It spreads out the weight of my P232 nicely too, so that I don't feel like the holster pulls on my belt/pants.

I originally wanted to carry at 3:00, but I find that my holster keeps wanting to find its way back to about 4:00, just past the bone on the side of my hip. It actually is more comfortable to carry it there, and that seems to be where it wants to ride. For me, that position allows the butt of my gun to print a little bit more than the 3:00 position. I have it canted as far forward as it will go. Overall, it works well, and I think I'm probably overly paranoid about printing since I'm still new to CCW.

One other thing that I notice is that the muzzle of my gun rubs on the inside of my pants above my back pocket. I'm fully expecting that over time, it will wear a hole in my pants. I'm trying to come up with a good solution to this problem.

-SF

Always nice to find a holster that works! Stay safe
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I'm glad you like the CB. I have a Theis that's very similar and it's pretty comfortable overall. There's no reason not to do the "combat cut" yourself if you're even somewhat handy. Just start by cutting a little bit at a time and don't get impatient. Remember the carpenter's adage- measure twice, cut once! You can't put leather back on. But don't be afraid to do it yourself.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

That's awesome! I ordered mine n 2/11 so Monday is eight weeks. Hopefully I'll be wearing it by the end of next week!
    NRA MEMBER
    EDC: Beretta Nano

I've never cut leather. How would one go about doing that and what tools are required?
    NRA MEMBER
    EDC: Beretta Nano

My holster broke where the kydex bends 90* and attaches to the leather. There was a crack in the kydex. I put it in the mail last Tuesday and it should be delivered today--- 8days. Customer service is great!!!
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

@642 - It took over two months to receive it. I called the guys up last week and he said it'd be shipping soon, I don't know if it was coincidence or them helping me out, but the day after I called it was in the mail.

@Slyferret - 4 o'clock is where I have mine as well, and it does seem to rub my pants right above my back pocket. I feel it's noticeable, but I have to remember that the majority of people are not looking for it and would not know what it is even if they saw it. I'm with you though, I feel like it will eventually rub a hole in my jeans. I've got TruGlo TFO sights on my Glock as well, I'm hoping that with the muzzle being exposed nothing will happen to the sights. I found the Minotaur MTAC holster a few weeks after I placed my order for the Crossbreed. I like the fact that it is completely enclosed and that it seems to be more adjustable, however, it is more expensive than the Crossbreed.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbergsing View Post
    That's awesome! I ordered mine n 2/11 so Monday is eight weeks. Hopefully I'll be wearing it by the end of next week!
    I ordered mine on Feb 12th... so hopefully we both have ours by then end of the week.
    johnbergsing likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbergsing View Post
    I've never cut leather. How would one go about doing that and what tools are required?
    A heavy shears can be used. A sheetrock knife will work well (one of the kind with disposable blades). I used one to cut the horsehide to mod my Theis. You have to go slow, and horsehide is very tough!
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Quote Originally Posted by MJClark View Post
    I ordered mine on Feb 12th... so hopefully we both have ours by then end of the week.
    Give them a call with your order number and see if it helps. Like I said, I don't know if it was coincidence or not, but after two months of waiting it was in the mail the day after I called and asked for an update.

Sponsored Links