The Zach holster

This is a discussion on The Zach holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wanted something to protect the trigger on my guns when tucked inside a range bag or backpack. Looking around some I came upon "The ...

Thread: The Zach holster

The Zach holster

I wanted something to protect the trigger on my guns when tucked inside a range bag or backpack. Looking around some I came upon "The Zach" by Dale Fricke Holsters. Great short delivery time and great quality. I'm very pleased with them.
    Dale Fricke Holsters

2. Remove Ads

I'm very happy with the holsters. Also Dale delivered them to me very quickly.

I have been considering getting one of these to use in conjunction with a SmartCarry. I just can't do the SmartCarry as-is with my Glock.

I'm curious if this would work, though, without making it take too long to draw. I wonder how easy it would be to draw and have the Zach holster come off all at once, like it indicates on the website.

ETA - Oh, or using it in conjunction with a Remora.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    This is is a ridiculous gimmick. Get a real holster.

I have heard/seen pics of more than one person modifying a SC with a Zach and having good results.

This is is a ridiculous gimmick. Get a real holster.
    Have you used this holster? Do you know it's intended purpose? I have two of them, and while I don't use them often they are just the ticket when it is hard to conceal the bulk of a full holster. I also have another one mounted in a pocket of a bag so I can safely carry a fully loaded pistol.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Glovebox, bag, compartment carrying of a striker fired gun is where this rig shines. I have carried my G23 and XD Service with a Zac AIWB, but the lack of retention leaves something to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Lees View Post
    I have been considering getting one of these to use in conjunction with a SmartCarry. I just can't do the SmartCarry as-is with my Glock.

I'm curious if this would work, though, without making it take too long to draw. I wonder how easy it would be to draw and have the Zach holster come off all at once, like it indicates on the website.

ETA - Oh, or using it in conjunction with a Remora.

Uhm.... what are you planning to tie the cord to ?

Quote Originally Posted by DMacLeod View Post
    Uhm.... what are you planning to tie the cord to ?
    It's easy to put a clip inside a bag if it doesn't already have one. I could sew it or use tight alligator clips as some do with a full holster.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    Have you used this holster?
    No, I use real holsters. I don't need to try every gimmick to know what it is. That helps me save money while watching the "only sold on TV commercials".
    Do you know it's intended purpose? I have two of them, and while I don't use them often they are just the ticket when it is hard to conceal the bulk of a full holster. I also have another one mounted in a pocket of a bag so I can safely carry a fully loaded pistol.
    First, lets avoid the misnomer of using the word "holster". Tis is a trigger guard, at best. If I put a gun in a backpack or gym bag, it will be fully covered. If you find holsters bulky, you are using the wrong holster.

But hey, there are people here who rave about the power of their .25ACP moose hunting man dropper. There are plenty of opinions to go around.

Get a real holster.

I carry a full-size M&P in a Zach every day, and find it to be very secure. I have ran, jumped over fences, ect. and it has never moved.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I use a "M.I.C." holster which looks just like the holster the OP is looking at. It works as advertised. I carry my Glock 27 in my back pocket when driving and can't even tell it is there.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Was it just me...or did anyone else think of "World War Z" when they saw "Zack"?

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    No, I use real holsters. I don't need to try every gimmick to know what it is. That helps me save money while watching the "only sold on TV commercials".

First, lets avoid the misnomer of using the word "holster". Tis is a trigger guard, at best. If I put a gun in a backpack or gym bag, it will be fully covered. If you find holsters bulky, you are using the wrong holster.

But hey, there are people here who rave about the power of their .25ACP moose hunting man dropper. There are plenty of opinions to go around.

Get a real holster.
    Careful, you're stepping on dangerous ground, now. My moose dropper is very upset.

(Does that sound nasty to anyone else, or is it just me?)

Links