Filson belts

Filson belts

This is a discussion on Filson belts within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone used a Filson double lined belt for holster use? I have a single layer Filson belt and it is not stiff enough for ...

Thread: Filson belts

Filson belts

Has anyone used a Filson double lined belt for holster use? I have a single layer Filson belt and it is not
    stiff enough for a holster. But I'm curious about the double belt.

CJM
    Give it the pinch test. Put the belt between your thumb and index finger and squeeze. If you can cause the belt to fold with minimal effort, it's a no go for a carry belt. If you can not get the belt to fold, bend, or collapse that is a good indicator that it *may* work for a gun belt.

One of my gun belts is the Double Duty Cabela's belt. It passed the pinch test and has worked well for me as a secondary, inexpensive carry belt.
    "Thank you for the advice Mr. Vice President, but I'll be keeping my AR15 for defending my home and family."

All of my belts are Filson's. The doubles are good to go for holster use. Probably one of the best made, most durable belts I've ever owned.

Filson double will work but imo a custom gun belt will look better for less or equal $$. But if you like the Filson I would get it. 1/4" thick. They make quality stuff

Links