IWB Holster for Glock 27

IWB Holster for Glock 27

This is a discussion on IWB Holster for Glock 27 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have always carried my Glock 27 in a pancake style holster and covered it with a polo shirt. I have lost some weight and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: IWB Holster for Glock 27

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar

IWB Holster for Glock 27

I have always carried my Glock 27 in a pancake style holster and covered it with a polo shirt. I have lost some weight and now have some extra room in my pants, so I want to give IWB a try once again. I have one of the "M.I.C." style holsters for the Glock and will sometimes carry like that and have even used that in the pockets of cargo pants and shorts. I like the looks of several of the hybrid style leather/kydex holsters and think that is going to be my choice. Anyone have some recommendations for this type of holster with the Glock subcompacts?
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

I've been using a SHTF hybrid holster for the past few months and it has been great. It is very comfortable and I can wear it along with the gun all day long. I've been using an all kydex hoslter from Aholster for my Ruger LCP and am thinking of ordering on for my G27.

I carry mostly in a White Hat hybrid holster and love it!! I also use a Ramora that I picked up a few weeks ago and I has been great.

I have tried a lot of holsters over the years, but those two are the best I have used by far.

Here is my G27 in a White Hat.

It's a shame no one ever sees how nice it looks.

Those White Hat holsters look really good as do the SHTF holsters. Thought about an all kydex holster similar to the Aholster, but would think the leather would feel better against your skin.

i've been considering the Comp-Tac Infidel Ultra:
    Inside Waistband Holsters - products new home - Infidel Ultra
    anyone have any experience with this relatively new holster?
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

I use a Crossbreed Supertuck for mine! Love it!

In God and Glock we Trust

Get the Desantis IMB 028 cozy partner series holster. It beats out my milt sparks in comfort.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Personal preference, body style, carry location, etc, all come into play. I have the Theis, Old Faithful and N82 for my G27 and I like them all. I had tried the N82 Professional and didn't like it but just recently received a N82 Original and think it's fantastic. Most comfortable and doesn't shift at all. The only drawback is not being able to reholster one handed.

There will be pros and cons for each and you need to approach the hunt for the perfect holster as an adventure. Good luck.

FYI - I did this write-up back in December that may be helpful.

Theis -vs- Old Faithful
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

VIP Member
    I just got a hybrid holster from Dustin at Ozarks Holster Company. I have not owned anything similar to compare it with, but the craftsmanship is very good, he uses horse hide on all his holsters with no extra charge, they are very comfortable and the price is half of what many of the competitors charge for similar items. I would definitely check them out if you are in the market. Ozarks Holster Company | Quality Holsters Made in USA

While I like hybrid holsters, my personal preference is for holsters like the Comp-tac infidel or a similar one from PJ Holsters.

They have a much smaller footprint. The PJ holster especially feels like the pistol is naked, despite it being covered completely, Not to mention they secure the pistol in place to your belt and are much easier to take on/off than the big hybrid models.

For the hybrids, the best I've got (and i've tried them all) is the Theis.

I use a galco king tuck for my g26 carried at about 3:30. I always tuck in a shirt under the holster, but its not too bad if you what to just wear one shirt over it all.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    While I like hybrid holsters, my personal preference is for holsters like the Comp-tac infidel or a similar one from PJ Holsters.

They have a much smaller footprint. The PJ holster especially feels like the pistol is naked, despite it being covered completely, Not to mention they secure the pistol in place to your belt and are much easier to take on/off than the big hybrid models.

For the hybrids, the best I've got (and i've tried them all) is the Theis.
    I should probably give one of those a look. I don't mind the mic holster at all, so the Infidel or PJ holster might be right up my alley.

I would like to 2nd the White Hat. I really like mine. The reason I was sold on theirs, is that you can change out the kydex to fit many guns, and you only have to buy and break in one leather backing. I got mine for Glocks and my XDs. A kydex piece is about $25 verses $90 or so for a good holster.
    S&W Bodyguard .380
    Glock 42
    Glock 26
    Glock 33
    Steyr M40

I have Shielded Holsters by Kurtis Baker. $50 but less if you ask for a Blemished one. Blemishes don't take away from function. Once you've worn it, the blemish blends in with the wear on the holster.

I also recently acquired a Remora for a S&W Performance Center 586 L-Comp. that remora
    Fits all Glocks, too. Advantage of the remora is being able to put it on quickly.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links