Galco Concealable OWB (one of the best)

This is a discussion on Galco Concealable OWB (one of the best) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know, I know, Galco sucks (or so a lot of people say). And I know a custom leather holster is the ONLY way to ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By smolck
  • 1 Post By ExactlyMyPoint

Thread: Galco Concealable OWB (one of the best)

Galco Concealable OWB (one of the best)

I know, I know, Galco sucks (or so a lot of people say). And I know a custom leather holster is the ONLY way to go (I know, I have those too). But see, I bought this little Kimber for myself last week, and while it has been riding in my Galco King Tuck Hybrid, it needed some pure leather too.

The Galco Concealable belt holster is an amazing holster. And it is more comfortable than any others I have tried. The reason is the forward molded design. As you can see from the pic of the back of the holster, it is flat, the gun portion is molded away from you. This makes carrying it SO comfortable. I mean, it is crazy. The other thing it does is pull the butt of the gun close to you to minimize printing. It has a more extreme forward cant (I think 20 degrees) but that just further helps hide the firearm. For a 1911, especially government frames (the pic is an officer frame FYI) it is great at reigning in that long grip. Just look at the pics, they should tell you what you want to know. I apologize for the gut and for the shirt, it is my favorite shirt and it shows. My belt is an aged Aker B-21 Gun Belt (I need to order one in Havana Brown to match the holster, I know).

Retail is $92, but I have found several of these on ebay for between $45 and $50 brand new (as was this one). So if you want a high end, quality holster that you can have without a 6 month wait, this one is it. I REALLY like it. I think you will too.
    Attached Images
    PEF likes this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

2. Remove Ads

I like it, looks good..............but..... I don't wear a holster with a cant.

I hope that's not one of your better t shirts. Nice holster, though.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Sorry bud, but I just don't think I am going to get those plaid pants out of my head for decades.
    foxytwo likes this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    Sorry bud, but I just don't think I am going to get those plaid pants out of my head for decades.
    LOL. I don't wear plaid pants. Where I live it was 80 degrees today. These are supposed to be all the rage in shorts this season (according to my wife).

Quote Originally Posted by CZRex View Post
    I hope that's not one of your better t shirts. Nice holster, though.
    If you read the whole post you will see I made reference to the shirt. It is an old friend.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

I have been very satisfied with the quality of the Galco belts & holster I've purchased. They aren't cheap, but they're nice.

Here's my Galco Concealable holster and CB2 belt:
    640. 001.jpg

Look, Ma, no plaid shorts!
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I have the Galco King Tuk and it as good or better than any of similar design in my opinion and also at a lower price.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Bought a Fletch for my 23C. I really like it. Very high quality and attention to detail.
    It was a pain to break in though!

Not my first choice for CC, however my hoodies cover it up and a couple of my shirts do.
    Usually carry my 27 IWB but not driving for long hours.

In God and Glock we Trust
    Attached Images

Looks great...may have to track one down.

If you like the Galco, DeSantis makes some very similar.

I have a Galco concealable also, I am also very satisfied with it. I don't carry my full size 220 often, so I didn't want to fork out for a custom holster so I picked it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Images

VIP Member
    Agree 100%. I have one concealable belt holster for my j-frames and another from my CZ75D PCR (the Sig 228/229 holster works great for the CZ 75D PCR). I throw on a polo shirt untucked and no one is the wiser.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

80 Degrees?? Outside?? We are just hoping the freezing rain melts all the snow soon.

I like the holster. I have a few custom IWB and am looking to add an OWB to try out. This may be it. Thanks for the post.

Links