Summertime suggestions........need help

This is a discussion on Summertime suggestions........need help within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As summer is approaching here is FL, I a, re-evaluating my daily carry. Currently I carry a G19 in a Maxtuck IWB. I am a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BMAT

Thread: Summertime suggestions........need help

As summer is approaching here is FL, I a, re-evaluating my daily carry.

Currently I carry a G19 in a Maxtuck IWB.

I am a building contractor and work primarily outside in the weather, usually very hot and sweaty in summer time. I am constantly bending over, climbing up ladders etc, and am looking for a more concealable route.

In addition to the 19, I have a S&W model 60 snubbie. General attire is long kaki type pants and a collared button up shirt with boots. Untucked shirts are a problem as there is a strong breeze here on the coast and the bending over etc.

Would consider an oversized phone holster so to speak as I could camouflage it with pens, tape measure etc if need be.

Anyone else run not this scenario?

DSCN4581.jpg

Just received today 3Speed Holster. Breaking it in (1st Day) Unloaded with 9rnd mag in gun and extended 15Rnd mag in holder. It is a deep conceal system, right now wearing just above beltline, sitting at computer. Feels comfortable.
    3 Speed Holster
    just one option.

Good Luck with search

If you already have a 19, id get a 26. I do the same just with a 23C/27. Then I can run my bigger mags in my 27. Also the weapons would be identical.
    Probably even use the same holsters in some cases.

In God and Glock we Trust

I also work out side at service stations in man holes under gas dispensers. I've tried a lot of iwb holsters and bags. But what works best for me is a Ruger LCR or a S&W 642 in pocket carry, most times one in each front pocket.
    BigJon10125 likes this.

Kennydale,

Does the 3speed feel bulky? Does it get very hot?

Might want to consider getting a smaller gun for pocket carry or look into appendix carry before you develop hip problems. Kydex holsters such the AIWB from JM Custom will be easier to clean since you'll likely be sweating a lot. If you can afford it, Spencer Keeper's "the Keeper" holster is supposedly one of the most comfortable and concealable even for guys with "spare tire syndrome." Another option in to get a few of those compression/spandex style undershirts that has a built-holster under the arm pit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mod 60 great gun for fl i have that or my sp everyday in sw fl

Why not rig up something on a tool belt.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I like the 'Air Marshal 3' from Kangaroo Carry for hands/waist free, deep cover carry with minimal clothing.

Try a Galco Skyops.

...AIWB clip-on leather or nylon(washable) at 1 or 2 o'clock...I buy heavy cotton pocket Ts 1X larger...wind doesn't expose gun, nor does stretching/crawling under houses/climbing ladders...(backing out requires a quick grab)...been doing it for over 20 years and never accidentally exposed...full-sized .45 down to J...or two...currently P97 and SP101...

I carry a Sig P238 in a Guru Dave fake zipper top wallet holster. I would add a smaller gun to my carry rotation if I were you. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366233505.764346.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366233532.563051.jpg
    If I really have to go small I have a KelTec P3AT and a wallet holster.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366233638.446668.jpg
    I like Remora holsters for all of my larger guns.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366233698.646529.jpg

Look at the workman from mitch rosen i think

Distinguished Member
    Yep, another one of the many reasons I appendix carry. If it wasn't for that, I'd definitely have to pocket carry at work with all the bending, reaching, stretching and such.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Links