Whitehat holster just not working for me so far

This is a discussion on Whitehat holster just not working for me so far within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I received my whitehat holster monday or tuesday morning and have worn it since. I got the horsehide in black color. Its for my glock ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Whitehat holster just not working for me so far

Whitehat holster just not working for me so far

I received my whitehat holster monday or tuesday morning and have worn it since. I got the horsehide in black color. Its for my glock 27. For anyone wondering, it took about 3 weeks from time of order to receive it. Anyways, I am wondering if there are others that have experienced comfort issues like me that are about my size. Im 5'10 175-180 avg size guy. Ive tried several different positions, cants, adjusted the ride height, etc and just cant get it comfortable enough for my liking. It digs into me and drives me insane to the point I cannot wait to take the thing off. Also, the black dye wore off where my gun rests the first day I had it. Im sure that is to be expected at some point, but the first day was kind of disappointing to say the least. I realize every person is different and opinions will vary greatly, but Im just wondering if anyone else has experienced this that is about my size and found a more comfortable option for IWB. That may help me out and save me some money on a different holster. I will say I was impressed by the workmanship when I first set eyes on it, and Im not implying this is not a good quality holster because it is, Im just saying it is not comfortable to "me" at all so far. I can look past the black dye wearing off if the thing would feel somewhat comfortable. Should I just give it more time? Sure doesnt seem like its gona get much better comfort wise to me. Im starting the eyeball the N82.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I can't comfortably use hybrid holsters, either. I wear either Brommeland Max-Con Vs or custom kydex from Midworld Gunleather. I have also made a couple kydex holsters myself for my bigger guns.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

You should try PJ holsters or LATOUR CUSTOM holsters i use both some holster feel better in certain pants better than others.

Sponsor
    Hard to say for sure what the source of the problem might be. I would suggest contacting White Hat about it (they may be able to offer advice about their particular holster).

If you have never carried IWB before, it may take some getting used to. Additionally, horse hide often takes longer to "beak in" and conform to your body. I'm not sure if this applies to the leather WH uses or not.

At any rate, I would suggest getting in touch with the maker. They will likely be your best resource in this situation.

Good luck! Hopefully you can get it worked out!
    -Clay

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob2322 View Post
    You should try PJ holsters or LATOUR CUSTOM holsters i use both some holster feel better in certain pants better than others.
    Definitely agree. Some pants are more comfortable with this thing. Todays pants... I would rather duct tape my glock to my hip than to wear this thing any longer right now! I'm gona give it a few more days atleast, but seems like with my body type, this aint gona work out. Im even considering another OWB leather holster that sucks in to the waist real close to help conceal and going that route instead. This is my first IWB holster.

I'll just toss out to you to give it a little more time. You're putting a pretty good amount of extra "stuff" in your pants and against your body. Stuff you're not used to and pressing against you where you're not used to. No guarantee you'll get used to it, but it does take time.

I will say the N82 is very comfortable. I tried the Professional and didn't like it at all but went to their Original and am very happy with it.

Different strokes for different folks is definitely the phrase of the day when it comes to holsters. Good luck.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Quote Originally Posted by iguanadon View Post

I will say the N82 is very comfortable. I tried the Professional and didn't like it at all but went to their Original and am very happy with it.

This.

For the guys that are happy with their N82 holsters, may I ask your build? Height/weight? Sorry if thats weird lol. I just know its a huge factor for each person in whats tolerable. Still, like I said, I realize everyone is slightly different, but it might help solidify my choice to give the N82 holster a shot. Also, why do so many prefer the original over the professional version? Is it just because you dont like the draw, or other reasons as well? Im seeing this alot on other reviewers. Thanks for the help guys!

Give it a little more break in time. I had to with my galco king-tuk same style of holster. Once mine was broke in it became more comfy.

I'm 6'3" 190, a true Adonis

OK, maybe not... 5'9" 190

I have an Old Faithful hybrid IWB which is the same style as your WhiteHat and it took me a little time to get used to it. I like it and alternate between it and the N82.

As far as the N82 goes, the Professional is simply more rigid and thicker and therefore less comfortable than the Original. The drawback to the Original is you can't reholster easily because the part that holds the pistol is pretty much soft elastic. But because it's thinner it's much more comfortable.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

I've carried a 9mm Walther PPS in a White Hat Holster just like you described every day for the last three months. I also carry an extra mag in a White Hat IWB single mag (single stack) mag carrier.

I am left handed and wear the holster in the 8:30 position. I carry the mag in the small of my back. I always wear a t-shirt

I agree, the holster was not very comfortable for the first week or so. But I stuck with it and experimented with various configurations and positions.

Now I wear it all day every day and sometimes forget I have it on. The horse hide is stiff at first but it's now molded perfectly to my 5' 11" 205 lb body.

Patience is a virtue, seldom seen in a man, never in a woman...

The original N82 feels like wearing a pillow for a holster. I have one for my revolver and like it. The only gripe I have with it is it not cut like most holsters where the handle area is exposed where you can grab your gun. But with a little practice you can draw quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_point View Post
    Definitely agree. Some pants are more comfortable with this thing. Todays pants... I would rather duct tape my glock to my hip than to wear this thing any longer right now! I'm gona give it a few more days atleast, but seems like with my body type, this aint gona work out. Im even considering another OWB leather holster that sucks in to the waist real close to help conceal and going that route instead. This is my first IWB holster.
    Some myself included wear appx one size larger pant when carrying IWB.
    I dont have the White hat but do have a CBST and just recently a Old Faithful and prefer them over my previous MS VMII

6'1", 200lbs. I have the N82 original and find it very comfortable at either 4 o'clock or 1 o'clock. I adjusted the clip location so it rides a bit lower.
    "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

I went out today and bought a few pairs of shorts. I tried them on with the holster. The whole reason I bought the maxtuck was for summer wear. Hopefully it warms up soon and I can try this out with clothes Ill actually be wearing this summer. It did feel better with the shorts I bought. The long pants Ive been wearing are actually a size larger already, but I think its the style of jeans thats the problem. It felt much better in cargo shorts. Here goes round 2. Not giving up on the whitehat just yet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links