Liger belts

This is a discussion on Liger belts within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone tried the Liger gun belts?I've been looking at them on and off for about 6 months and can't find anyone who has tried ...

Thread: Liger belts

Question Liger belts

Has anyone tried the Liger gun belts?I've been looking at them on and off for about 6 months and can't find anyone who has tried them.If you have used this product please feel free to give your input, pros/cons.I should have already ordered one ,but I hate to order something and then it turn out to be a piece of crap .
    That is all carry on.
    Thanks

2. Remove Ads

While I do not own one, the few reviews I have seen on the net have all been positive.

I have considered one also as an alternative to a nylon belt
    There are no problems in life too large to be handled by the use of small arms and high explosives

In god we trust, all others are suspects

$10.00 transfers in Houston, Texas

I thought you'd never ask!

I own two Liger Gun Belts; I bought a black one and liked it so well I bought another in brown. I've been wearing them about a year now. My dress is business casual, and they fit in perfectly without looking like a gun belt, unlike the instructor belts I've seen.

Both of mine have the silver-colored aluminum buckle (black is available), it's a matte finish and really looks good with Dockers or jeans. Since it's a 1 1/2" belt, it's out for a dress belt, and doesn't come close to looking the part anyway. If you want a fancier looking gun belt, there are no options for dressing it up like you can with borders, etc. on leather, so that limits the choices.

No nicks, scratches, scuffs. I'm not at all rough on them, but even it you were, I think they would hold a brand new look. I don't suspect they will ever wear out, so that's a good value.

You cannot roll them over when they are on, they are rigid and hold a holster close to the body. I've heard folks feel like they are wearing a hoola hoop, since they are not as soft and pliable as leather. I've never felt that way, and it is just that quality that makes them a great gun belt.

Oh, I think the black appears more like a leather belt than the brown. That's my eye, others may see it differently.

I'd encourage you to buy one. If it's for carry, I am confident that you will not be disappointed. I know, the plastic will go good with a Glock, and all that, but it's a fine product, just not leather.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

VIP Member
    Got mine about 6 weeks ago. Black with gray buckle. I like it alot. It does not roll no matter what holster I put on. The only little caveat is that the hook on the buckle is long and it is sometimes hard to get it unbuckled. If you are interested in them, the best price I found was from Knifeworks in Louisiana. They shipped the next day after I ordered and it arrived the day after. Here is their page:

Liger Gun Belts
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Hmm, look interesting. Need a good gun belt...

...sometimes hard to get it unbuckled.
    At my age, there's no longer any activity I engage in that means the need for fast one-handed unbuckling...
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Guys, is the Liger of "substantial weight" like typical double thick leather gun belts???
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at...

I'd be glad to give an opinion, but honestly don't know what you mean by "substantial weight"?

And, even then I may be of no help, since I've not owned a leather belt that was considered a gun belt. My only previous experience was with a style of work belt that I thought was good, but in retrospect, really wasn't....

Hmm haven't seen a Liger Belt.. Although I have seen a Liger (kinda like a mule but between a male lion and female tiger). Definitely want to be carrying the biggest thing you can around them. Average african male lion runs around 450lbs. Ligers are well known to run up as much as 1200lbs and nose to tail around 11'!

Well, leather gun belts have a certain weight to them. They feel solid. Now, I realize that this is probably a bit of a foreign concept if you've never had a gun belt, but it has this certain feeling to it. Its hard to explain, can someone help me out here? My brain just isn't working right now.
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at...

JT
    "What's a liger?"

"It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic. "
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by GlockinItUp View Post
    Well, leather gun belts have a certain weight to them. They feel solid. Now, I realize that this is probably a bit of a foreign concept if you've never had a gun belt, but it has this certain feeling to it. Its hard to explain, can someone help me out here? My brain just isn't working right now.
    The Liger Gun Belt feels "solid".

I looked at their description of their own product (true, it's obviously a sales pitch as we know), and the words, "...flexible along its length but stiff along its width..." are a good way to describe it. For more info, none of which I disagree with, see http://www.1sks.com/store/maxpeditio...-gun-belt.html

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC View Post
    At my age, there's no longer any activity I engage in that means the need for fast one-handed unbuckling...
    Sometimes a trip to the bathroom requires it. Don't sell yourself short.

Mike

I have one and rarely wear it anymore. I purchased a brown belt with the black buckle. The black came off on the edges the first or second time I wore it.
    The belt is very stiff and takes a long time to "contour" to your shape. Hooking the buckle is a bear. They claim it will get easier with use. Mine hasn't.
    It is a good gunbelt though.
    Dave

Links