Great turnaround time SHTF Gear ACE-1 for Glock 26

This is a discussion on Great turnaround time SHTF Gear ACE-1 for Glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all, I've been lurking on this forum for about a year and recently joined, though this is my first post. Thank you all for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Great turnaround time SHTF Gear ACE-1 for Glock 26

Great turnaround time SHTF Gear ACE-1 for Glock 26

Hello all,

I've been lurking on this forum for about a year and recently joined, though this is my first post. Thank you all for your many good insights and opinions.

I wanted to let anyone who is interested in an IWB holster to consider SHTF Gear. We've all been frustrated with wait times and availability for anything related to firearms for some time now. I was very pleasantly surprised to receive my ACE-1 this soon. I placed my order on April 2, 2013, it shipped on April 11, and I received it today - April 15. This was for a Glock 26 Gen 3.

It is a quality item. Retention is just right in my opinion, wearing around 4 o'clock, 1 1/2 inch Bullhide Belt. It is quite comfortable. I haven't had much time to practice drawing as I received today, but the combat cut seems like it will be very helpful. I'll give an updated opinion after some wear-time. Up to now I've used OWB (Glock sport combat holster).

If you are in the market for an IWB holster, consider SHTF Gear. Quality and turnaround time are important to me and they've done very well.
    ANGLICO likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I have several SHTF gear holsters, and they are pretty awesome. when crossbreed had an 8 week turnaround time....Shtf gear was running ten days, mayber 11 if the mail man had a bad limp. Give the holster a good week or so for it to reallt break in, and you will be very happy with it I am positive. I have been wearing one with my ruger SR40C for two months or so, but I also CC a glock 22 in one as well, weather permitting. My glock rides comfortably all day long, and my ruger all but disappears. I have even fallen asleep on the couch with it on. Let us know how you like it !!!!!
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    I have several SHTF gear holsters, and they are pretty awesome. when crossbreed had an 8 week turnaround time....Shtf gear was running ten days, mayber 11 if the mail man had a bad limp. Give the holster a good week or so for it to reallt break in, and you will be very happy with it I am positive. I have been wearing one with my ruger SR40C for two months or so, but I also CC a glock 22 in one as well, weather permitting. My glock rides comfortably all day long, and my ruger all but disappears. I have even fallen asleep on the couch with it on. Let us know how you like it !!!!!
    Been looking at the SHTF holsters, White Hat holsters, Theis holsters and a few others as well. Good to see you can comfortably conceal a FS Glock. Just curious, how much extra room do you need in your pants to fit one of the hybrids?
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Welcome to the forum!

Congratulations on an excellent choice of holsters. I, too, have several SHTF Gear ACE-1 holsters and agree they are very comfortable, even, or especially, when I am driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    Been looking at the SHTF holsters, White Hat holsters, Theis holsters and a few others as well. Good to see you can comfortably conceal a FS Glock. Just curious, how much extra room do you need in your pants to fit one of the hybrids?
    Unless you are still expanding, I expect only your gunbelt needs to be larger than normal.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

Congratulations on an excellent choice of holsters. I, too, have several SHTF Gear ACE-1 holsters and agree they are very comfortable, even, or especially, when I am driving.

Unless you are still expanding, I expect only your gunbelt needs to be larger than normal.
    I have lost a little weight, so I have little extra room now in both my pants and belt. Figure it might be a good time to try IWB carry again.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    Believe it or not, I dont need need a bunch of room, maybe a half a pant size extra. I carry at 3 O'clock so everything fits pretty well. I usually buy pants a size bigger, or I buy pants with an elastic waist, mainly khakis though. A good belt is a must for carrying my G22.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by jancha52 View Post
    I was very pleasantly surprised to receive my ACE-1 this soon. I placed my order on April 2, 2013, it shipped on April 11, and I received it today - April 15.
    Lucky!
    I ordered mine from SHTF on March 26.
    It was shipped on April 8 via USPS. (not bad turnaround--they said it would be a few weeks, and that was fine)

Today is April 16 and it hasn't arrived yet! It's totally not SHTF's fault, but I've gotta say that this shipping wait is pretty darn irritating! Maybe it was my fault--was there an option to have it sent Fed Ex?

I'm only frustrated because I'm excited to get it! :)

Maybe it'll come today? :)
    Life is about service.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I love my SHTF holster, it's one of my regularly rotated holsters and it's not only held up extremely well, it's become much more comfortable over time.

I have to say as well, the customer support there is top-notch. Great guys.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I have 3 shtf holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd_Ohio View Post
    Lucky!
    It was shipped on April 8 via USPS. (not bad turnaround--they said it would be a few weeks, and that was fine)

Today is April 16 and it hasn't arrived yet! It's totally not SHTF's fault, but I've gotta say that this shipping wait is pretty darn irritating! Maybe it was my fault--was there an option to have it sent Fed Ex?

If you have a concern, I would email Clay and his team. They are great guys and provide top notch service, and i am sure if there is a problem, Clay will have it resolved in no time flat, no questions asked.
    ~Daniel Webster

Sponsor
    Lucky!

Dang! I can't believe you haven't gotten it yet! dang USPS. Thanks for the email updates. I would normally send another one but it looks like it is only about a day or two from being delivered (hopefully). At any rate, email inbound.

Thanks,
    Clay

Sponsor
    Lucky!

It certainly wasn't your fault, we don't offer an option for Fedex and rarely have issues with USPS. I would have sent a replacement but I just kept thinking that it would get to you sooner..... (normally it only takes 3 days from Utah to Ohio so I thought that when it was in NY it would be to you a day or two later.... maybe this is part Gov. Cuomo's plan to screw with gun owners in the rest of the US, haha).

Its like its caught in a pinball machine just bouncing around in the northeast!

-Clay

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    Dang! I can't believe you haven't gotten it yet! dang USPS. Thanks for the email updates. I would normally send another one but it looks like it is only about a day or two from being delivered (hopefully). At any rate, email inbound.

Thanks,
    Clay

I got it this afternoon! FINALLY! So far I really like it. It's very comfortable with my Kahr CW9. Feels like a knife on my belt--no big deal. Retention is good. If I lift on the handle, my pants come up instead of the gun out of the holster, but it releases nicely when its supposed to.

Thanks!
    Life is about service.

Glad to hear you got it ! You will love it ! Let us know what you think after some wear time !
    ~Daniel Webster

Update:

I've been wearing this holster every day that I can, typically 4-5 days per week, since I received my CPL in mid April, 2013. I have nothing but good things to say about it. I've had no problems. It has broken in nicely and is very comfortable to wear. Be sure to check the screws to ensure they keep the belt loops tight. I've been so pleased that I just ordered a SHTF Gear spare magazine carrier. Great product!
    SHTFGearLLC likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links