Finally got my Old Faithful

This is a discussion on Finally got my Old Faithful within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well it's official I can finally start carrying now that I have my Old Faithful holster. I haven't really tried it on but putting it ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MDof2

Thread: Finally got my Old Faithful

Well it's official I can finally start carrying now that I have my Old Faithful holster. I haven't really tried it on but putting it together was simple. I may have to tweak things once I start using it. I do worry about the t-nuts on the backside as I couldn't sink them completely into the leather backing. Anyone have any tips? I look forward to using it and I hope it is comfortable to use every day.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    I started putting mine together last night as well and I had a little trouble with that as well. You might want to try drilling a small hole in a board that is planed and line that hole up with a hole in the holster and hit it with a rubber Mallet

In the bag of parts there should have been a square piece of leather with a hole in the center. When assembling the holster and pounding the t-nuts from the backside, you would have the square piece of leather between your work surface and the holster so that the "pin" of the t-nut is lined up with the hole in the leather so as to allow you to sufficiently hit the t-nut into the leather til it's flush. Hope that helps.

If my verbal explanation wasn't clear, their instructional video is helpful.

Stage 3 Concealed Carry Holster Kit Tutorial - Old Faithful Holsters
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanadon View Post
    In the bag of parts there should have been a square piece of leather with a hole in the center. When assembling the holster and pounding the t-nuts from the backside, you would have the square piece of leather between your work surface and the holster so that the "pin" of the t-nut is lined up with the hole in the leather so as to allow you to sufficiently hit the t-nut into the leather til it's flush. Hope that helps.

If my verbal explanation wasn't clear, their instructional video is helpful.

Stage 3 Concealed Carry Holster Kit Tutorial - Old Faithful Holsters
    I tried that and it did not seem like there was a lot of resistance when you pounded on it.

Use the leather provided as stated by others. Also use a hammer, rather than a rubber mallet as the video suggests.
    You *WILL* want those t-nuts seated, otherwise you'll feel them on your hip / side.
    I've had mine for a week or two now and am still in love with it. Still waiting for it to break in a touch more before I locktite the bolts.
    Glock2201 likes this.

Lead Moderator
    I found using a flat tipped screwdriver and driving the leather into the t nut from the front secured it well.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Did you use the extra piece of leather with the hole in it to hammer the nuts in?
    Also,when you screw in the screws,it will pull it into the leather a little bit also...

Sponsored Links