Concealed Carry Holster for Sig 229R

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry Holster for Sig 229R within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wanted to get some ideas on a good holster for concealed carry with my Sig 229R. I just received my cc permit and I ...

Thread: Concealed Carry Holster for Sig 229R

New Member Array 11superstrings's Avatar

I wanted to get some ideas on a good holster for concealed carry with my Sig 229R. I just received my cc permit and I am a bit new to keeping it concealed, not new to the weapon. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks!

superstrings

Distinguished Member
    it all depends on what you want, do you want an inside the waistband or outside? heres a couple of holsters I just got a couple days ago for my 229, tho no rail on mine:

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=16504
    RKBA

John

New Member Array 11superstrings's Avatar
    Thanks for the advice. I currently have a pancake owb, but I am curious how it works out for concealment in practice. Would an iwb be much better? I usually do not wear long shirts (mostly polo's, t's, or stuff that needs to be tucked in). I just want something that is as concealed as I can get it while keeping it around my r-hip (ie. no small of the back), and decently comfortable. My 229R is with rail.
    Last edited by 11superstrings; November 11th, 2006 at 03:12 PM. Reason: typo on wo rail. it is with rail

Distinguished Member
    superstrings,
    just remember after you get through looking at all those holsters, a good belt is extremely important too! Does no good IMO to get the greatest holster but have a belt that cannot hold it up, the 229 is a tad on the heavy side. my .02 cents, John
    Last edited by soonerjh; November 11th, 2006 at 12:14 AM.
    RKBA

John

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 11superstrings View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I currently have a pancake owb, but I am curious how it works out for concealment in practice. Would an iwb be much better? I usually do not wear long shirts (mostly polo's, t's, or stuff that needs to be tucked in). I just want something that is as concealed as I can get it while keeping it around my r-hip (ie. no small of the back), and decently comfortable. My 229 is also wo rail.
    there are IWB's that allow you to tuck your shirts in, tho I have never tried one yet, I'm sure others will reply and fill you in on the details. IWB works for me and I get a little more concealment than with OWB, which on me, seems a little more bulky. I did just get the OWB holster on the link I sent you and plan to use it during the colder months, with a jacket or heavier shirt so not to worry about printing. Maybe someone you know or in your area would let you borrow and you could check it out.
    RKBA

John

OWB - Kramer belt scabbard in horsehide

I have a P229 (no rail) and the best OWB holster I have found for it is a Kramer horsehide belt scabbard. The horsehide is very dense, hard and rigid, and with a good belt the holster and gun just don't move.

Links