Blade-Tech Holster: OWB with WML and Tek-Lok First Look

This is a discussion on Blade-Tech Holster: OWB with WML and Tek-Lok First Look within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's a quick overview of the Blade-Tech OWB Holster w/Tac-light that I recently bought. This post isn't so much meant to advocate the holster or ...

Thread: Blade-Tech Holster: OWB with WML and Tek-Lok First Look

Here's a quick overview of the Blade-Tech OWB Holster w/Tac-light that I recently bought. This post isn't so much meant to advocate the holster or manufacturer, but merely to provide a resource for others who are considering purchasing one, but they can't find enough info or sufficient photos to make an educated decision.

Options chosen:
    - Glock 20/21
    - Tek-lok
    - Integrated Single Slot
    - Streamlight TLR-1
    - 3-Position Adjustable Cant
    - Black
    - Right Hand

Dates:
    03/12 - Order Placed, "Three Week Lead Time" $80
    04/09 - Called to Check (4 weeks elapsed)
    04/11 - Ship Notification Received
    04/18 - Delivered_____________________________
    37 Total Days From Order to Door

If the fact that it's a holster for a full size Glock with a light doesn't tell you that this is big, then I'll say it myself: it's big. I didn't buy this holster to conceal carry, but my goal was primarily to not overtly open carry. My intended use is going to be hiking and camping, and a long jacket or other cover garment will fit the bill. I've done some experimenting and I think I have it to where it's "just right" for me.

The 0-degree cant just didn't cut it for me. While the draw was great, the angle of the holster caused the grip to stick out and print excessively under a sweatshirt. I switched to the forward cant position and it conceals much nicer. The grip doesn't stick out much at all, but the lower part of the holster with the light does enough to make me feel self conscious about it, but it's not as visible as you'd think.

I opted for the tek-lok because I wanted a way to connect and disconnect the holster easily. I figured I'd give it a shot (I considered u sing the G-Code RTI wheel, too), but it seems that either apparatus is gong to cause the holster to stick out a ways so there's no good solution for both here. If you want to give up the flexibility of easy removal for closer fit, then the belt loop attachment will likely be best.

The main thing I was concerned about was ride-height. I couldn't find any pictures so I took a gamble when I bought this holster and I'm pleased that it does not drop low. A baggy t-shirt will slightly extend past the muzzle.

Quality is good and in general I'm pleased with it. I'm going to have to put it through it's paces a bit more and actually take it out to be certain it will work with me, but thankfully Blade-Tech has a return policy so I'm not stuck with it.

I hope this helps someone.
    Attached Images

Sponsored Links