magholder

magholder

This is a discussion on magholder within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone try these horizontal mag holders yet? MagHolder Horizontal Magazine CarriersMagHolder.com Ordered a couple today. Look forward to trying them out....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: magholder

magholder

Anyone try these horizontal mag holders yet?

MagHolder Horizontal Magazine CarriersMagHolder.com

Ordered a couple today. Look forward to trying them out.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    they look promising. seem like they would be more comfortable for EDC. you'l have to let us know what you think of them when they come in.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Ordered for 1911 and XD9SC. Have looked into different horizontal mags off and on recently. Price wasn't bad for these and the XD was reduced.

Will see how they work out soon.

I've had horizontal mag holders when I was non-uniform LEO. One type was the soft black nylon with hard insert that didn't show.
    Another type was adjustable for vertical or horizontal (same black nylon material with hard insert inside) and had a cover with snap.
    Oddly, the one with the snap didn't slow my mag-change time, at all.
    Unlike the vid, none of us who used 'em during quals were allowed to take eyes off target. My duty arm was a Glock 22 (.40), held 15 rounds, I think, so one extra mag was plenty for me.
    In plainclothes I was issued a G-23 (12+1) and I was fine with 25 rounds total. 32 of my 34 years in LE were in the Detroit area.

Don't know this brand, but I Highly Recommend a horizontal mag pouch! Great for concealment and sitting, both.
    zero and Kennydale like this.

Sweet.....
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Received the horizontal mag holders earlier in the week. I've been able to wear them around the house off and on for last couple days and have been very pleased so far. There is no jabbing my side when sitting or moving around.

What seems to be working best so far :

XD9SC 13rd mag at 11:00 and the pistol appendix. The mag holder doesn't side on the belt with the shorter mag. The 16rd mag will slide back to a belt loop if not pulled properly. It just takes some practice to keep the holder from sliding back some. Even when it does it seems like a non-problem for me.

I like the 1911 mag holder (7 or 8rd) at 2:00 with pistol in OWB at 3:30. It is a nice smooth set up without any sliding of mag holder.

Both described ways do not print on me with button down un-tucked shirts. It is nice to have a spare mag without the discomfort I've experienced with vertical holders.

Bump for any more feedback on these mag holders!?

zero, do you carry a spare tire with you? I have been looking at these. I know a vertical carrier will not work for me with the shape I'm in. I pretty much decided it's going to have to be horizontal but just don't know how comfortable it would be. I'd be carrying a 15 round GLOCK 9mm magazine.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Horizontal is very comfortable! The only issues (for me) is deciding where to carry them. A double stack mag carried horizontally will print (on me) in some locations. I've found that around 11:00 works well. To much further back and it blocks me from being able to get into my front pocket.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Just ordered a Magholder for my GLOCK 19 magazine. Stay tuned.
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Take a look at the Gun Digest website. They have a new kind of mag holder that looks like a clip knife in your pocket but is actually a mag holder. Kind of pricey at $40 but it will hold a mag sturdily in your pocket and all anyone will see is a knife clip.

Kennydale likes this.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

it'd be nice if they were offered in both rounds up and rounds down. i don't like to carry horizontal rounds down.

Anymore reviews on the magholder? Thinking about getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by echo6tango View Post
    it'd be nice if they were offered in both rounds up and rounds down. i don't like to carry horizontal rounds down.
    This. I really like the magholder idea, but a quick reload is easier with the bullet pointed towards your belly button while in the holder. It allows the mag to rest in my palm as it is put into magwell. It is for me at least.

Received my Magholder yesterday. Wore it around the house for a few hours last night. Goes on and off pretty easy. Stays put when drawing from. Has pretty good retention. I was wearing my GLOCK 19 IWB at about 3:15, Magholder at 8:45. I'm gonna try that for a while. Sitting down I could tell it was there but was pretty dang comfortable, definitely more comfortable than a vertical configuration. Does not seem to print. I really like it so far.
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links