Is anyone using Crossbreed's Modular Belly Band?

This is a discussion on Is anyone using Crossbreed's Modular Belly Band? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good, bad, ugly? CrossBreed® Holsters - Modular Belly Band | Crossbreed Holsters® Belly Band It seems like a nice option to a belly band as ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Is anyone using Crossbreed's Modular Belly Band?

Good, bad, ugly?
    CrossBreed® Holsters - Modular Belly Band | Crossbreed Holsters® Belly Band

It seems like a nice option to a belly band as you can change the position of the gun.
    I'm looking for something to throw on when not wearing a belt. I looked at Pistol Wear, Thunder wear, 3speed, Smart carry but I do not want something that rides under what my belt line would be and I want something that I can have a consistent draw with.

Anyone actually using this?

Got a buddy of mine looking at belly band holsters. I just passed this one on to him, thanks for posting.

It looks interesting and the interchangeable and moveable holster is quite intriguing.
    Patriotj2003 likes this.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

I actually just stumbled across this belly band today too while looking online. It looks like an interesting concept. I would be tempted to try it over some other belly band holsters...

I have not used one. However, as a regular user of a conventional belly band, here are the concerns I would have:

-Excessive retention for this style belt. Locked-on retention requires locked-on, firm belt to facilitate a smooth & fast draw. Locked-in kydex retention combined with a stretchy elastic belt could result in jerking the band around when trying to draw. On the other hand, a very tight, firm belly band would probably be very uncomfortable to wear.

-Being able to change the position of the gun really isn't a unique selling point for a belly band. Most bellybands allow for a wide variety of carry positions.

-A black belly band would show through many thin, light-colored shirts. I use a khaki (flesh-colored) Galco Underwraps belly band. Works great for deep concealment.

-The velcro and leather backing probably gives extra support and sweat protection, but it's also going to add thickness and decrease concealability. May not be an issue if you wear baggy shirts, but one of the reasons I use a belly band is for deep concealment under a more fitted shirt.

Looks like CB is offering a 2-week money back guarantee, so it wouldn't hurt to try it. If you do, be sure to post a review for us!
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Black-Holster-for-website4.jpg DSCN4581b.jpg

They don't have my gun listed, looks interesting. I opted for the 3 Speed Holster

This rig looks like it would provide a great many carry solutions for my G26 and spare mags. I ordered one directly from Crossbreed a few weeks ago, but it looks like I am in for a wait.

I, too, ordered one but it probably won't arrive for a long while.

I have been looking for something similar, and was impressed by what I saw in reviews and YouTube videos. I just ordered one, with holsters for two of my favorite carry pistols. I hope I get it by Christmas....

I have one on order, ordered April 12 so I'm hoping by next month to have it. Will never order from crossbreed again.

Quote Originally Posted by doublea17 View Post
    I have one on order, ordered April 12 so I'm hoping by next month to have it. Will never order from crossbreed again.
    Everyone is backlogged with orders, bro. Don't blame CrossBreed. Blame Obama. This is an unprecedented time. CrossBreed is a good company.
    ConcealedinPA likes this.

Not to start argument with you but not all are back logged Foxx and N82 got in a week and Galco King Tuk was longest wait it took 10 work days and very happy with all three company's.

VIP Member
    In answer to your question: Goody, bad, ugly?
    Answer: Bad, ugly. Here are the details:

I ordered one of these belly band holsters and waited over 3 months for it to arrive. I have two IWB holsters: One Kydex and one Bianchi soft suede, both of which I use on a daily basis, but need a belt to keep them tucked close in to my body. I was hoping the belly band holster would be useful to wear when I was wearing pants without belt loops.

WRONG.

This thing is most definitely not made for women's bodies! In fact, the customer service rep I talked to at Crossbreed said she couldn't wear it either. The belly band part was OK, but as soon as I tried to attach the holster it flops forward -out, toward a person facing me, not sideways toward my belly button. Because my body is "round" rather than "flat" the Velcro on the holster only partially connected to the band and even when the holster part was under my pants (trousers to you guys) the thing STILL flopped almost straight out!

The only way I could use it at all was to put a belt over it. DUH. And it still stuck out way more than either my Kydex or my suede Bianchi!

I would have offered the thing to my husband but the band was only up to 34" and his waist is 38" and he didn't like the looks of it anyway.

There was no notice on their web site about this not being suitable for women's bodies. After paying their rather high shipping charge and then having to pay to return the thing I do not have a good feeling about this company at all.

I know that there are a few women who are built like men and perhaps this would work for them. There is also a guy that we shoot with who has a waist and hips more like a woman and he uses the same drop holster I use for weekly competition shoots because it works better for him.

I know there are not as many of "us" who carry 24/7 as there are of "you guys" but I think it would be helpful if you would all spread the word that this holster will not work for women. You can save people shipping costs both ways.

Happy shootin' y'all..........

Quote Originally Posted by akahrt View Post
    I'm looking for something to throw on when not wearing a belt. I looked at Pistol Wear, Thunder wear, 3speed, Smart carry but I do not want something that rides under what my belt line would be and I want something that I can have a consistent draw with.
    You don't have to wear these holsters under your beltline. They are designed for deep concealment but you can wear them up a bit if you choose, like a bellyband. In fact, the Pistol Wear Trump Card model comes with a shoulder strap so you can wear it in a chest-carry orientation.

My suggestion would be the SmartCarry (I have one) or 3Speed. Then you could wear it as deep concealment OR up higher any place you feel it's comfortable. Be a rebel!
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

jsk
    I'm surprised people like the 3Speed holster. To me it is just way too bulky with all that leather. I've tried it and it doesn't conceal well at all for me in any position besides deep conceal (grip below belt line) and even then it's less concealable and less comfortable than a Smart Carry.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    In answer to your question: Goody, bad, ugly?
    Answer: Bad, ugly. Here are the details:

I ordered one of these belly band holsters and waited over 3 months for it to arrive. I have two IWB holsters: One Kydex and one Bianchi soft suede, both of which I use on a daily basis, but need a belt to keep them tucked close in to my body. I was hoping the belly band holster would be useful to wear when I was wearing pants without belt loops.

WRONG.

This thing is most definitely not made for women's bodies! In fact, the customer service rep I talked to at Crossbreed said she couldn't wear it either. The belly band part was OK, but as soon as I tried to attach the holster it flops forward -out, toward a person facing me, not sideways toward my belly button. Because my body is "round" rather than "flat" the Velcro on the holster only partially connected to the band and even when the holster part was under my pants (trousers to you guys) the thing STILL flopped almost straight out!

The only way I could use it at all was to put a belt over it. DUH. And it still stuck out way more than either my Kydex or my suede Bianchi!

I would have offered the thing to my husband but the band was only up to 34" and his waist is 38" and he didn't like the looks of it anyway.

There was no notice on their web site about this not being suitable for women's bodies. After paying their rather high shipping charge and then having to pay to return the thing I do not have a good feeling about this company at all.

I know that there are a few women who are built like men and perhaps this would work for them. There is also a guy that we shoot with who has a waist and hips more like a woman and he uses the same drop holster I use for weekly competition shoots because it works better for him.

I know there are not as many of "us" who carry 24/7 as there are of "you guys" but I think it would be helpful if you would all spread the word that this holster will not work for women. You can save people shipping costs both ways.

Happy shootin' y'all..........
    I think you are right about this in appendix carry, which seems to be about the spot where you describe carring. This is working great for me at 5:00 position. I'm 5'7" and wear 8-10 pants. Not a manlike body. I'm happy, it's working for me with pants and skirts that don't have beltloops. Maybe I should have ordered the smaller size, I don't know...I got the larger size and it's way too big for my waist. I can just get it down small enough for the hips.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links