Defensive Carry banner

Is anyone using Crossbreed's Modular Belly Band?

30K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  NONAME762 
#1 ·
Good, bad, ugly?
CrossBreed® Holsters - Modular Belly Band | Crossbreed Holsters® Belly Band

It seems like a nice option to a belly band as you can change the position of the gun.
I'm looking for something to throw on when not wearing a belt. I looked at Pistol Wear, Thunder wear, 3speed, Smart carry but I do not want something that rides under what my belt line would be and I want something that I can have a consistent draw with.

Anyone actually using this?

#2 ·
Got a buddy of mine looking at belly band holsters. I just passed this one on to him, thanks for posting.

It looks interesting and the interchangeable and moveable holster is quite intriguing.

Reactions: Patriotj2003
#3 ·
I actually just stumbled across this belly band today too while looking online. It looks like an interesting concept. I would be tempted to try it over some other belly band holsters...

#4 ·
I have not used one. However, as a regular user of a conventional belly band, here are the concerns I would have:

-Excessive retention for this style belt. Locked-on retention requires locked-on, firm belt to facilitate a smooth & fast draw. Locked-in kydex retention combined with a stretchy elastic belt could result in jerking the band around when trying to draw. On the other hand, a very tight, firm belly band would probably be very uncomfortable to wear.

-Being able to change the position of the gun really isn't a unique selling point for a belly band. Most bellybands allow for a wide variety of carry positions.

-A black belly band would show through many thin, light-colored shirts. I use a khaki (flesh-colored) Galco Underwraps belly band. Works great for deep concealment.

-The velcro and leather backing probably gives extra support and sweat protection, but it's also going to add thickness and decrease concealability. May not be an issue if you wear baggy shirts, but one of the reasons I use a belly band is for deep concealment under a more fitted shirt.

Looks like CB is offering a 2-week money back guarantee, so it wouldn't hurt to try it. If you do, be sure to post a review for us!

#12 ·
In answer to your question: Goody, bad, ugly?
Answer: Bad, ugly. Here are the details:

I ordered one of these belly band holsters and waited over 3 months for it to arrive. I have two IWB holsters: One Kydex and one Bianchi soft suede, both of which I use on a daily basis, but need a belt to keep them tucked close in to my body. I was hoping the belly band holster would be useful to wear when I was wearing pants without belt loops.

WRONG.

This thing is most definitely not made for women's bodies! In fact, the customer service rep I talked to at Crossbreed said she couldn't wear it either. The belly band part was OK, but as soon as I tried to attach the holster it flops forward -out, toward a person facing me, not sideways toward my belly button. Because my body is "round" rather than "flat" the Velcro on the holster only partially connected to the band and even when the holster part was under my pants (trousers to you guys) the thing STILL flopped almost straight out!

The only way I could use it at all was to put a belt over it. DUH. And it still stuck out way more than either my Kydex or my suede Bianchi!

I would have offered the thing to my husband but the band was only up to 34" and his waist is 38" and he didn't like the looks of it anyway.

There was no notice on their web site about this not being suitable for women's bodies. After paying their rather high shipping charge and then having to pay to return the thing I do not have a good feeling about this company at all.

I know that there are a few women who are built like men and perhaps this would work for them. There is also a guy that we shoot with who has a waist and hips more like a woman and he uses the same drop holster I use for weekly competition shoots because it works better for him.

I know there are not as many of "us" who carry 24/7 as there are of "you guys" but I think it would be helpful if you would all spread the word that this holster will not work for women. You can save people shipping costs both ways.

Happy shootin' y'all..........

#15 ·
I think you are right about this in appendix carry, which seems to be about the spot where you describe carring. This is working great for me at 5:00 position. I'm 5'7" and wear 8-10 pants. Not a manlike body. I'm happy, it's working for me with pants and skirts that don't have beltloops. Maybe I should have ordered the smaller size, I don't know...I got the larger size and it's way too big for my waist. I can just get it down small enough for the hips.

#13 ·
I'm looking for something to throw on when not wearing a belt. I looked at Pistol Wear, Thunder wear, 3speed, Smart carry but I do not want something that rides under what my belt line would be and I want something that I can have a consistent draw with.
You don't have to wear these holsters under your beltline. They are designed for deep concealment but you can wear them up a bit if you choose, like a bellyband. In fact, the Pistol Wear Trump Card model comes with a shoulder strap so you can wear it in a chest-carry orientation.

My suggestion would be the SmartCarry (I have one) or 3Speed. Then you could wear it as deep concealment OR up higher any place you feel it's comfortable. Be a rebel! :danceban:

#14 ·
I'm surprised people like the 3Speed holster. To me it is just way too bulky with all that leather. I've tried it and it doesn't conceal well at all for me in any position besides deep conceal (grip below belt line) and even then it's less concealable and less comfortable than a Smart Carry.

#18 ·
I have a Smart Carry and EVERY other holster I own has gone into the "holster box". In addition, I ordered it on a Thursday and had it Tuesday. I would have had it Monday, but that was a holiday.

#22 ·
You can take the crossbreed belly band and add a piece of velcro over the top of the holster. It sticks right onto the velcro of the belly band. It reinforces it to keep it from flopping. The problem is, it adds bulk.

I wonder what would happen if I turned the Crossbreed belly band inside out............

#24 ·
I don't own one (I have a Remora).
I would think the Velcro would be noisy.
As you take your seat in food joint and that familiar popping sound catches the attention of those sitting near you... I would not want that .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.