Mark down another one for SHTF

This is a discussion on Mark down another one for SHTF within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got my Ace-1 in the mail today for my 3.5" 1911. Incredibly comfortable right out of the box and all I really needed to do ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TxTchRR

Thread: Mark down another one for SHTF

Got my Ace-1 in the mail today for my 3.5" 1911. Incredibly comfortable right out of the box and all I really needed to do was adjust the cant. A+ for the customer service and turn around time (13 days) as well! It's a great quality piece for a danged reasonable amount of money and I'm looking forward to carrying it for quite some time. Appreciate it SHTF.

Excuse the dirty mirror, being a bachelor doesn't exactly equate to incredible cleanliness in me haha
    NONAME762 likes this.

Man, that pistol really disappears with that rig!
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

SHTF Gear is amazing. Clay and his guys are top notch. I own 3 of their holsters for my line up.

Do they have a website?
    Operation Joint Endeavor, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1995-96)
    SFOR, Stabilization Force, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1997-98)
    Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq, US Army, 3rd Infantry Div (2007-08)
    Operation Enduring Freedom, Horn of Africa, US Army (2010)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRuger101 View Post
    Do they have a website?
    SHTF Gear Holsters - American Made, Fast Shipping, Comfortable Holsters
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I too have several holsters made by clay and his team at SHTF Gear... and they all are fantastic. So far, my Shtf Gear holster is the only holster I have found that allows me to cc my G22 all day without issues.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    I too have several holsters made by clay and his team at SHTF Gear... and they all are fantastic. So far, my Shtf Gear holster is the only holster I have found that allows me to cc my G22 all day without issues.
    Yeah no kidding, I never had an issue with the Remora with this gun at all, but it is without a doubt more comfortable to carry in the Ace. Really top notch work, I'd highly suggest it if you're looking for a hybrid IWB.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I've had mine for my Kahr CW9 for a week or two. I really like it so far. I keep varying the height/cant to see what I like best. It's nice to have that option.

Right now I have the top of the kydex even with the top of the belt, but it's a little hard to draw like that. Do you folks usually have yours higher? I was erring on the side of concealment.
    Life is about service.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd_Ohio View Post
    I've had mine for my Kahr CW9 for a week or two. I really like it so far. I keep varying the height/cant to see what I like best. It's nice to have that option.

Right now I have the top of the kydex even with the top of the belt, but it's a little hard to draw like that. Do you folks usually have yours higher? I was erring on the side of concealment.
    As "small" as the Officer's 1911 I have is, it's still a bear to conceal if not worn low, so I have the kydex a bit below the belt but it's still easy to draw because of the size of the grip. I'd say probably err on the side of being able to draw comfortably given that a well concealed weapon is still useless if it can't be deployed on a timely manner.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Yes, very, very comfortable.

I'll be hoping to get a RAMI holster for review this fall.

Here is my LCR review:

ACES HIGH for your LCR. The SHTF GEAR ACE-1 Holster is a Winner!

Links