Brommeland Lead Times

This is a discussion on Brommeland Lead Times within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First of all, I did a search of this forum & could not find the answer I seek. Like the title says, I want to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Brommeland Lead Times

Brommeland Lead Times

First of all, I did a search of this forum & could not find the answer I seek. Like the title says, I want to know if any forum members have an idea of Gary's current lead times. No, I have not contacted Gary yet. I know, from what I have read here as well as other forums, that Gary had major issues with his business practices regarding delivery promises in the past. I would like to know if these issues have been resolved as I am very interested in his holsters. I have never heard or read anything but stellar reviews of Gary's products with regards to quality. So, can anyone give me information on Brommeland Gun-leather delivery times? Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

2. Remove Ads

Well, start here: DRC Firearms and see if it is a stock item.

Barring that, ask DRC what their lead-time is on a special order.

I have also had luck speaking and/or e-mailing Gary directly. He probably has a long lead-time - call him and ask. Post it here then.

Holsters Concealment Systems Gunleather Concealed Carry for Weapons

I have Presentation Grade Def-Con's for all of my pistols. I got mine several years ago, and they're still gorgeous and function like the day received.

The last time I ordered from him was early 2011 and it took about 6-7 months.

Do yourself a favor and go to the holster subforum, and read the sticky post "where is my holster". It may save you some aggravation...
    Nevermind, I see you already educated yourself. For what it's worth I can personally recommend Ryan Grizzle, and Eric Hopp, they make amazsing holsters and are true gentlemen.

Thanks for answering and the tips! It looks like they have the Max Con V but I am interested in a Def Con for my Glock 26. I do plan to talk to Gary but after I read all the issues others have had in the past with all the broken promises, I wanted to hear from some customers first to see if the delivery times quoted & not kept issues have been corrected or not. I don't mind a long lead time & I understand that the better custom makers have long ones. My curiosity merely lies in if past issues with repeated quoted & undelivered products has been rectified. I have Versa Max II's for my IWB carry on order. I would like to get my OWB holsters from Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by 91wm6 View Post
    Do yourself a favor and go to the holster subforum, and read the sticky post "where is my holster". It may save you some aggravation...
    Nevermind, I see you already educated yourself. For what it's worth I can personally recommend Ryan Grizzle, and Eric Hopp, they make amazsing holsters and are true gentlemen.
    I read some more from the subforum you speak of. Looks like it was worse than I had previously known. Does anyone know if this is still the case? I haven't heard of Eric Hopp but I really like Ryan Grizzle's work. I'll check further into both of them. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by glocker73 View Post
    The last time I ordered from him was early 2011 and it took about 6-7 months.
    I could live with that. Was that also your quoted delivery time?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyG View Post
    I could live with that. Was that also your quoted delivery time?
    No. He quoted me 4-5 months.

VIP Member
    The quickest way to get a Brommeland product is probably to get one used. They are out there, and last forever. Just do a search of keywords like def con glock 26 brommeland for sale,
    and up will pop ads like this one:
    WTS Brommeland Def-Con (Florida)
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

i ordered two holsters from Gary this last Christmas and he made them and had them to me in 5 days. i think it all depends on how busy he is and if it is a common firearm. mine was for glock 36's. i have had at least 6 holsters from him over the years and all are still in perfect condition.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Just call him and ask, for goodness sakes.

I love my Def-Cons, BTW.

Well, I exchanged emails with Gary Brommeland. He said his lead time is 18-24 weeks but he was preparing to cut a big Glock order & if I contact him soon be would add my order into that and could get my new holster to me in 4-6 weeks. My plan is to call him this morning & order a new Def Con. I may also go ahead and order a Max Con while I'm at it. I will report back after my phone call today with a progress report for those interested. Thanks for all the input.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions???

Well, I didn't order anything from Brommeland just yet. I'm going to take the weekend and think about it. I am torn between a Max Con, a Sparks I-Bak, A TT Gun Leather Pancake, or a Ritchie CQQR. Any input here would be greatly appreciated. I already have a Versa Max II on order so it would be easy to add an I-Bak to that order. Also, hard for me to believe the Max Con is worth $80 more than the I-Bak? I don't have a problem spending the money for quality but Sparks is high quality IMHO & almost 1/2 the price of the Max Con. So, what does anyone here think about my options? I plan to decide by Monday morning and place my order. So, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Administrator
    You cannot get much better than SPARKS. Just my opinion on that.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    You cannot get much better than SPARKS. Just my opinion on that.
    Thank you, opinions are what I am looking for. Do you have an I-Bak or other MS OWB? If so, can you give me a short review?
    Last edited by JoeyG; April 27th, 2013 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Added question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links