Cane and Derby still in business?

This is a discussion on Cane and Derby still in business? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been waiting three weeks for a Surefire E2D holster, the website said the holster ships in a week. I have called once and ...

I have been waiting three weeks for a Surefire E2D holster, the website said the holster ships in a week. I have called once and left a voicemail as to when I can expect the holster and I also sent them a email through the "contact us" portion of their website and got no response. I'm not here to badmouth a business, I just wanted to know if anyone has dealt with them before or if anyone has got the specific holster I ordered and what was their experience like.

I would have put this in the "Where's my holster thread" but the OP mentioned that the thread was for leather holsters, I didn't see kydex and I didn't want to assume it was for both.

I bought one of their original appendix holsters some time ago (2011). I had to follow up multiple times to get what I ordered. It took three times as long as originally quoted. delivery date.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    I bought one of their original appendix holsters some time ago (2011). I had to follow up multiple times to get what I ordered. It took three times as long as originally quoted. delivery date.
    Thanks for your response. Cane and Derby are the only ones making a kydex holster for the Surefire and I really want it. I guess I'll just wait longer.

Comp-Tac makes a E2D flashlight holder. I have one.

Raven makes one too.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    Comp-Tac makes a E2D flashlight holder. I have one.

Raven makes one too.
    Thanks I appreciate that. I checked both sites out and both sites stated the flashlight holders were available for custom order which I assume would take the same amount of time as my Cane and Derby is taking right now. I'm going to stick with Cane and Derby, I just checked my account today and this was message was on my order "Pre-stage: Order in queue for production". I just wanted to know if something was being done with my order and I got my answer when I checked today.

Quote Originally Posted by darebear View Post
    Thanks I appreciate that. I checked both sites out and both sites stated the flashlight holders were available for custom order which I assume would take the same amount of time as my Cane and Derby is taking right now. I'm going to stick with Cane and Derby, I just checked my account today and this was message was on my order "Pre-stage: Order in queue for production". I just wanted to know if something was being done with my order and I got my answer when I checked today.
    I ordered a PIC last year. Took a loong time and didn't work well with my body type. I told him I needed something thinner and they had announced a PIC 2.0 or something like that a few weeks earlier. He said he would send me one of those. Several months later, it arrived but was uncomfortable and didn't conceal well. I didn't bother asking for a refund after the countless emails and them letting me keep the first holster as well. Ian from customer service will stay in communication with you but the ball still gets dropped at every opportunity presumably by someone else over there. I learned my lesson. Try another company that values their customer service more. There's nothing wrong with quoting a longer time than is typical so your customers are pleasantly surprised. But when you intentionally quote a shorter time to make your product offering more appealing, that's a textbook bait and switch. I don't deal with companies like that. Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me.

I forgot to add that I was in pre-stage for a very, very long time. They won't update it until it hits your mailbox and the payment clears.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbj22 View Post
    I forgot to add that I was in pre-stage for a very, very long time. They won't update it until it hits your mailbox and the payment clears.
    Yea, I've had some personal conversations in the past few days with people that have dealt with Cane and Derby and they have had bad customer service experiences as well. I just contacted them for a third time, hopefully they will respond to this one. At this point, spite what my previous post says, I'd like to just cancel my order and go on my way.

Links