Foxx vs. Old Faithful IWB hybrid holster - and current turnaround time?

This is a discussion on Foxx vs. Old Faithful IWB hybrid holster - and current turnaround time? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm currently carrying my SR9 in a cheap Blackhawk! IWB nylon holster. I am eager to get something nicer for the big gun that will ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Foxx vs. Old Faithful IWB hybrid holster - and current turnaround time?

I'm currently carrying my SR9 in a cheap Blackhawk! IWB nylon holster. I am eager to get something nicer for the big gun that will be more comfortable and concealable. I have been looking at hybrids and my search has brought me to the Foxx and Old Faithful options due to good reviews and a $40 price tag for each.

I am wondering if anyone has experience with either, or both, particularly with a big gun like the SR9. Also, if you have ordered one from either company in the last couple of months, what was the turnaround time like? I am not sure if I am willing to wait 30-45 days for a new holster. Thanks in advance!
    Bible thumpin', gun totin' Hoosier

Join the NRA

I was not impressed by old faithful, but I have two Foxx holsters, the hybrid and the Little foxx, and both are good products for the money. Foxx's turn around time is about a week, not including weekends. If you have not checked them out, take a look at SHTF Gear ( www. SHTFGear.com). I have several of their holsters, and they are my daily carry rigs for both my G22 and my SR40C. I will be adding another very shortly, as i am picking up a ruger LCR this saturday. If you do a sight search for SHTF holster, you will find a review with HQ images that I did of the SHTF holster. Good luck !
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Just got a Foxx for my full size 1911. Turn around was 11 days from order to getting it. The quality of the materials is great. The one caveat, it was much too tight for a full size 1911 so I reheated the kydex and remolded it for my other EDC and now it's a favorite holster just like a crossbreed I got in a trade. Good investment

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    I was not impressed by old faithful
    Any particular reason?

Quote Originally Posted by badgerland View Post
    The one caveat, it was much too tight for a full size 1911 so I reheated the kydex and remolded it for my other EDC and now it's a favorite holster just like a crossbreed I got in a trade. Good investment
    Do you mean the retention was too tight? Any reason you did not remold it to better fit the 1911?

Join the NRA

So right now I am leaning towards the Foxx by a slight margin. Mainly because I am hearing that Old Faithful has a pretty significant wait time.

Any more input before I pull the trigger?

Join the NRA

Quote Originally Posted by CSL View Post
    Any particular reason?

Do you mean the retention was too tight? Any reason you did not remold it to better fit the 1911?
    The leather didn't go all the way down to cover the slide as I had expected. Given that, I figured it would work better for another weapon. I assumed something without checking first so it was my error. I do like it very well with the new mold.

I have a Little Foxx for my SR9c. It is well made and very comfortable. It has become my main holster.

Any particular reason?

The old faithful wasnt necessarily bad in any way, it just wasnt comfortable even after almost two weeks, and the mounting screws kept loosening. Others like theirs, but iw wasnt for me.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by badgerland View Post
    The leather didn't go all the way down to cover the slide as I had expected. Given that, I figured it would work better for another weapon. I assumed something without checking first so it was my error. I do like it very well with the new mold.
    That's good to know. I had been wondering about that myself as I definitely want something that backs the entire slide of my SR9. I sent them an email to to see if they can cut the leather a little larger for me. I'm thinking it should not be a big deal, but we'll see. Thanks!

Join the NRA

I've got a Little Foxx that I love! Turn around time was about a week, just last month.

I've got the little fox for two of my guns and also their hybrid I really like them and fast turn around time.

So right now I am leaning towards the Foxx by a slight margin. Mainly because I am hearing that Old Faithful has a pretty significant wait time.

Any more input before I pull the trigger?
    ive got a old faithful for g27 i had a pretty long wait but it was worth everyday i waited
    Spring field 1911a1, glock 27, tuarus pt111, colt police revolver 38spl, NAA mini, charter arms undercover .38 spl

I'm currently carrying my SR9 in a cheap Blackhawk! IWB nylon holster. I am eager to get something nicer for the big gun that will be more comfortable and concealable. I have been looking at hybrids and my search has brought me to the Foxx and Old Faithful options due to good reviews and a $40 price tag for each.

I am wondering if anyone has experience with either, or both, particularly with a big gun like the SR9. Also, if you have ordered one from either company in the last couple of months, what was the turnaround time like? I am not sure if I am willing to wait 30-45 days for a new holster. Thanks in advance!
    Please let us know what you wind up with & how you like it. I'm in the same boat right now, carrying a SR45 in a Black IWB & it seems like there are a million options out there.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    It took me a little over 3 weeks before I got the 2 Old Faithful holsters I ordered and one of those was for a Glock 20 which I have worn a little and it seems very comfortable even with that big of a gun. I would probably only wear it when I could wear a sweatshirt or jacket. I am considering a Glock 19 or 26 for a future purchase. I would probably buy a Foxx next time just so I could compare the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by rawdawg1217 View Post
    ive got a old faithful for g27 i had a pretty long wait but it was worth everyday i waited

Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    It took me a little over 3 weeks before I got the 2 Old Faithful holsters I ordered and one of those was for a Glock 20 which I have worn a little and it seems very comfortable even with that big of a gun. I would probably only wear it when I could wear a sweatshirt or jacket. I am considering a Glock 19 or 26 for a future purpose. I would probably by a Foxx next time just so I could compare the 2.
    Did you get the kit or preassembled holster? I am wondering if the turnaround time would be faster for the kit. I see he has them on eBay for a few bucks more. I would think those would have to ship faster...

Join the NRA

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links