Defensive Carry banner

Silent Thunder

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  contented 
#1 ·
Just received a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder for my LC9. So far I'm thinking it will get equal use with my Remora. I didn't think that would ever happen, the Silent Thunder is a great holster.

#3 ·
Which one did you get? I have the Silent Thunder IWB for my Nano and couldn't be happier. I have one on order for my HK USP, too. It's a little large for IWB but if it can be made to work it will work in a Garrett! I'll be getting one for the HK P30S as well. Love those rigs!

#6 ·
I was actually looking for one with no leather because leather nd the heat hear don't play well together here, IMO. The Silent Thunder for me is extremely comfortable worn at about 3:30 to 4:00. Actually it rivals my Remora for comfort and is much easier to draw and re-holster.

#8 ·
I'm getting antsy now...it's been well over three weeks and the Silent Thunder IWB for my USP still hasn't shipped! Normally they're pretty fast so they may be backed up a little right now.

#9 ·
They are a bit backed up due to all of the stuff going on right now. I think it took a bit over 3 weeks for mine to ship, but it was worth the wait. I tried a couple others before I came across these, all of the others went back except the Remora's.

#10 ·
I did get my Garrett mag carrier yesterday at least. Very nice bit of kit.

#13 ·
If you are like me, the leather will bother you more than the kydex. I've had the Silent Thunder on all day and I really do forget that it's there. I'm actually surprised by this but I think it's more comfortable than my Remora's. About the only time I use the Remora now is if I'm going somewhere where I will need to leave it in the car. It is easier to remove the Remora and put it back on while siting in the car.

#15 ·
I have a Slim AIWB for my Sig P229, although I do need to order the heavy duty clip as the standard can and does sometimes release itself from my gun belt at inopportune times. My guess is with a lighter weight gun it wouldn't be an issue, but the Sig's weight really pulls on the standard clip.

#16 ·
I live in the hot Deep South and prefer the kydex over leather against my skin. It doesn't become sweat soaked and smell nor is it irritating. Here is my carry rotation, all in garrett industries silent thunder slims (aiwb).

I spent a lot of time researching before buying. What I use and where I carry work very for me.

Handgun holster Gun accessory Leather Revolver Everyday carry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.