Silent Thunder

Silent Thunder

This is a discussion on Silent Thunder within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just received a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder for my LC9. So far I'm thinking it will get equal use with my Remora. I didn't think ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Silent Thunder

Silent Thunder

Just received a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder for my LC9. So far I'm thinking it will get equal use with my Remora. I didn't think that would ever happen, the Silent Thunder is a great holster.

Good to hear. I just ordered one for a Sig P938. It's been about three weeks now and still waiting. This was expected though, according to their website. Anxious to get this holster for summer carry!

Which one did you get? I have the Silent Thunder IWB for my Nano and couldn't be happier. I have one on order for my HK USP, too. It's a little large for IWB but if it can be made to work it will work in a Garrett! I'll be getting one for the HK P30S as well. Love those rigs!
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

I've got the IWB as well.

I got the Silent Thunder IWB. It's suppose to ship next week. A debated between that and the solo. We'll see how it goes. This is my first holster of this type. I'm nervous about how comfortable it's going to be without a leather backing.

I was actually looking for one with no leather because leather nd the heat hear don't play well together here, IMO. The Silent Thunder for me is extremely comfortable worn at about 3:30 to 4:00. Actually it rivals my Remora for comfort and is much easier to draw and re-holster.

That makes sense. I can't wait to find out for myself.

I'm getting antsy now...it's been well over three weeks and the Silent Thunder IWB for my USP still hasn't shipped! Normally they're pretty fast so they may be backed up a little right now.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

They are a bit backed up due to all of the stuff going on right now. I think it took a bit over 3 weeks for mine to ship, but it was worth the wait. I tried a couple others before I came across these, all of the others went back except the Remora's.

I did get my Garrett mag carrier yesterday at least. Very nice bit of kit.

Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    Just received a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder for my LC9. So far I'm thinking it will get equal use with my Remora. I didn't think that would ever happen, the Silent Thunder is a great holster.
    I have three garrett industries silent thunder slims that I carry aiwb. One each for my lc9, sr9c, and s&w 1911. Couldn't be happier with them.

This is another holster I have considered trying. But like another poster, I am concerned that the kydex against my skin wont feel good. I am a sweat hog though so it may be a good option for me in the summer heat...

If you are like me, the leather will bother you more than the kydex. I've had the Silent Thunder on all day and I really do forget that it's there. I'm actually surprised by this but I think it's more comfortable than my Remora's. About the only time I use the Remora now is if I'm going somewhere where I will need to leave it in the car. It is easier to remove the Remora and put it back on while siting in the car.

A couple of pics.

IMAG0215-1.jpgIMAG0216-1.jpg

I have a Slim AIWB for my Sig P229, although I do need to order the heavy duty clip as the standard can and does sometimes release itself from my gun belt at inopportune times. My guess is with a lighter weight gun it wouldn't be an issue, but the Sig's weight really pulls on the standard clip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links