Excellent Service From J B Gun Belts

This is a discussion on Excellent Service From J B Gun Belts within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered a custom gun belt from Jerry Bissell, ( Jerry Bissell | Mount Airy, NC 27030 ) a retired gentleman who works with leather ...

Thread: Excellent Service From J B Gun Belts

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar

Excellent Service From J B Gun Belts

I ordered a custom gun belt from Jerry Bissell, (Jerry Bissell | Mount Airy, NC 27030) a retired gentleman who works with leather in his spare time. I placed my order for a mahogany, 1 1/2", double thickness, double stitched, seven hole, gun belt with antique brass roller buckle; the cost including shipping was $65. The order was placed on Tuesday 4/23/13, took delivery on Sat. 4/27/13. The quality is better than belts I paid double that price for.

The instructions on the website for measuring gave me a spot on correct size when the belt was delivered. I liked that there were so many options to choose from, colors: black, tan, dark brown, mahogany; thickness of belt either 1 1/2, or 1 1/4; with several different styles of buckles in brass, nickel, and antiqued finish; color of stitching, 5 hole or 7 hole adjustment spacing.

The belt is stiff and easily supported my G23 and extra mag so I decided to try my Colt Govt. and two spare mags; no problem, zero bend, no sag. I am placing a second order this coming monday for a 1 1/4" dress gun belt in black with white thread. I am not only pleased, but surprised that a custom gun belt this well made is sold so inexpensively.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Just went and looked on his site. Wow, those are some good looking belts! I have ordered three belts in the last few weeks, but at that price I might have to try one myself! Love that mahogany with the double stitch.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

miller_man, On the mahogany belt I ordered I asked for white thread and it really made the belt stand out. I think the one on the website has black thread, still good looking, but to me the white really pops. I just ordered a second belt 1 1/4" black for dress pants and I went with white thread on it as well.

Received an email from Jerry today stating he had started my second belt. I had commented while ordering that I had ordered the second 2" shorter as the first was a little long when carrying OWB. He asked me to send him the first belt back and he would make me another. I refused because the error was mine and not his. He insisted that he make me another anyway.

Customer service like this is why I appreciate Jerry so much. I think I will be ordering a third belt in tan.

Ordered my first ever gun belt from him. Outstanding craftsmanship, and top notch service!
    Very highly recommended.

Jerry has a great product at a more than fair price. But better hurry I heard he is retiring for the second time. I think he has been training a family member to take over.
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

He posted on another forum that he is active on that his nephew is taking over the business some time around the second week of May. I noticed he dropped the price to $60 per belt. Jerry did say his nephew has been training under him for some time and that he would still be working closely with him until things took off.

Jerry emailed me today that he had finished my second belt and it would be here Friday. I placed that order late Sunday night.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    He posted on another forum that he is active on that his nephew is taking over the business some time around the second week of May. I noticed he dropped the price to $60 per belt. Jerry did say his nephew has been training under him for some time and that he would still be working closely with him until things took off.

Jerry emailed me today that he had finished my second belt and it would be here Friday. I placed that order late Sunday night.
    I think I'll give him a call before he quits for good. I loked at his website and the quality looks very high. Jerry seems like a good man to do busines with. I don't rally need a belt right now but at that price I think I'll buy one and put it back. Perhaps a new color or something like that.

JoeyG, I spoke with Jerry tonight, Tuesday 5-7-13 will be the last day he is working and his equipment ships to Michigan Wednesday. I know he is re-making the belt I measured wrong over this weekend, maybe he can fit you one in before the move.

JoeyG, I spoke with Jerry tonight, Tuesday 5-7-13 will be the last day he is working and his equipment ships to Michigan Wednesday. I know he is re-making the belt I measured wrong over this weekend, maybe he can fit you one in before the move.
    That's cutting it a bit too close. That wouldn't be fair of me to ask him with that short window. Oh well, I'll find another good belt maker.

Thumbs up

Those of you who, like me, wondered whether Michael would provide the same quality product and service as Jerry may set your mind at ease. He does....

On Friday, 31 May 2013, I ordered three belts at Armour Precision Made Belts. The belts arrived Tuesday, 03 June 2013. I wrote about it in my post here.

Thank you, Michael, for the excellent service and the superior product!
    PGNH Endowment Life Member
    Last edited by dls; June 8th, 2013 at 01:31 AM. Reason: To Correct aging date references (it's no longer "last" Friday nor "yesterday").

^^^
    That is what I have heard also dls. Jerry informed me that he had great expectations or Michael and knew he would carry on the business well.

^^^
    That is what I have heard also dls. Jerry informed me that he had great expectations or Michael and knew he would carry on the business well.
    Just purchased one of Mike's belts, myself. Should arrive by Monday, so I'll likely have a few comments after wearing it a bit. Quick turnaround, from the point of ordering. If it's anything like what folks have described, it should be a fairly good one. Double-hide, double stitched, 7 holes, and ~7" smaller than my prior belts (yippee!).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links