Still Pondering Leather OWB for Glock 26

This is a discussion on Still Pondering Leather OWB for Glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, I started the thread on Brommeland lead times. I have since talked to Mr. Brommeland & am not too concerned with this issue. What ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Still Pondering Leather OWB for Glock 26

Still Pondering Leather OWB for Glock 26

OK, I started the thread on Brommeland lead times. I have since talked to Mr. Brommeland & am not too concerned with this issue. What I am now considering is which OWB leather holster to purchase so I thought I would start a new thread to address this topic. I really like the look and reviews on the Def Con from Brommeland. My other options are Milt Sparks I-BAK, TT Gun Leather Pancake, or Ritchie CQQRS. Quick on/off is not a huge deal for me. I don't mind threading a traditional pancake through my belt. My top choice is the Brommeland but I question if it is really $80 nicer than the Sparks? So, what do you say guys & gals? Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I would like to get this thing ordered sometime this week. One more thought is I have a Versa Max II recently ordered so it would be easy to add an I-BAK to that order this week. Thanks for any and all help!

2. Remove Ads

Another consideration for the G26 is a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit(UPL). Rosen Product Line

It also comes in his Express Line version. Rosen Product Line

The G26 has such a short slide length, if you used it with this holster you could carry it at 3:00 or even more forward than that. Keeping it from riding behind the hip would aid in comfort while seated. Another benefit of it riding so high on the belt, is there isn't much holster below the belt so you could wear shirts or cover garments that don't have to be very long to conceal properly.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Hayesleather.com he made my owb for my sp he is awesome image.jpg
    WHEC724 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    High Noon Holsters

10 to 12 weeks or pay $ 50 for rush 1-2 weeks

these guys are great, got my shark skin slide guard in 10 days, rush service included if you get shark. my first one had a small/hidden crack along the stitching and they rushed me a new one in two days and gave me a free key chain.
    DSC04159_LoRes_cr.jpgDSC04175_LoRes_cr.jpg

link with g26 in horse hide https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/rev...s-slide-guard/

the slide guard is also available with clip on loops, check out their site the FAQ section is full of good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by technomonster View Post
    High Noon Holsters

10 to 12 weeks or pay $ 50 for rush 1-2 weeks

these guys are great, got my shark skin slide guard in 10 days, rush service included if you get shark. my first one had a small/hidden crack along the stitching and they rushed me a new one in two days and gave me a free key chain.
    DSC04159_LoRes_cr.jpgDSC04175_LoRes_cr.jpg

link with g26 in horse hide https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/rev...s-slide-guard/

the slide guard is also available with clip on loops, check out their site the FAQ section is full of good stuff.
    Definitely had not thought of High Noon. That is one sharp holster. Gives me another one to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    Another consideration for the G26 is a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit(UPL). Rosen Product Line

It also comes in his Express Line version. Rosen Product Line

The G26 has such a short slide length, if you used it with this holster you could carry it at 3:00 or even more forward than that. Keeping it from riding behind the hip would aid in comfort while seated. Another benefit of it riding so high on the belt, is there isn't much holster below the belt so you could wear shirts or cover garments that don't have to be very long to conceal properly.
    I have looked at MR holsters. Worried the UPL is not wide enough but may be worth a look. I really like his pancake holster too. I think it's called a 5JR or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    Hayesleather.com he made my owb for my sp he is awesome image.jpg
    Never heard of them but I will check them out.

Anybody out there have any experience with the 4 holsters in my OP?? I really want to get one ordered this week.

Still recommending the Glock plastic holster that they sell. For $12 it works very well and that is what I used for OWN carry since the gun is concealed and no one can see a $80 leather holster. I ordered it to raise my order amount to qualify for free shipping so I got the holster essentially for free and was very surprised to find that it was comfortable, held the Glock 26 tight against my side and had great retention. :)
    Richard58 likes this.
    The Old Gunhand - gun news all in one place.

Somehow I ended up with only Sigs, HKs and S&W J-frames.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    For leather OWB, you can't get better than Kramer horsehide. (I love mine) Leather Gun Scabbard I have it on good authority that quite a few of our SPECOPS guys use these.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    For leather OWB, you can't get better than Kramer horsehide. (I love mine) Leather Gun Scabbard I have it on good authority that quite a few of our SPECOPS guys use these.

Yes, I should consider them as well. I just received a pocket holster from them for my Kahr CM9. That thing is as stiff as Kydex & very well made. They quoted me a 12 week lead time and delivered it to my door in under 4 weeks!

As already mentioned above...High Noon makes quality holsters...not cheap, but you will only have to buy once.
    Their holsters are what perfection is all about...and you won't wait all that long. You will not be disappointed.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

You should consider the Desantis Minislide. It's pretty affordable at $40-50 on Amazon. It conceals better than any of the other half dozen OWBs I've tried out.
    Richard58 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyG View Post
    Anybody out there have any experience with the 4 holsters in my OP?? I really want to get one ordered this week.
    Milt Sparks and TT Gun Leather both make great holsters, never owned the models you mentioned but all the ones i have seen were of great quality i don't think you could go wrong with either, heard good things about Kramer too. it really comes down to personal preference.

design wise i like how the slide guard sits high on my belt and it helps keep the gun in the dent of my lower back and keeps the metal off my skin. i also like how well the holster breaks up the outline of the gun. im 6'1" and 135 lb and i can hide my p2000 under an untucked fitted shirt.

the abundance of info on high-noons web site FAQ and helpfulness on the phone was what initially earned them my business and they did not disappoint. i spoke to them a few times on the phone as well as a couple email exchanges while i was in the process of deciding what i wanted and they were real patient with me.

the first holster they sent me actually had a small hidden crack on the back that could only be seen when i bend the holster. it started from the stitching and went to the belt loop hole. took a picture and emailed them and they immediately offered to make me a new one. a replacement was made and shipped out less then 48 hrs after they received my original one. they wanted to see want exactly was wrong so the problem was not duplicated as the phone pic i took was not so great. took just over a week over all. they were really nice and helpful throughout the process. and even worked with me to get the exact pattern of sharkskin i wanted.

how they stood behind their product is what makes me think of them first when i need a new holster and anytime anyone asks for a recommendation.

according to them there are two type of shark pattern, small and big shark. i prefer the small shark. it`s the one shown in my pic and high noons web site. the big sharks have a pattern that's more pronounced and "striped" for lack of a better term. i can dig up a pic if you want to see it. call them and talk to them about choice of skin if you decide to go with the shark, you`ll love it. it holds up great and does not scuff like cow/horse hide.

I ordered a G26 holster through Clament Leather's eBay store:

items in Clament Leather store on eBay!

It is very reasonably priced at $47 shipped, and I only waited 1 week for delivery. I also ordered another holster (IWB) from High Noon but it won't arrive for several more weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links