Body Position for CC in the hotter States

This is a discussion on Body Position for CC in the hotter States within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just received letter from the Judge restrictions are gone! I know it is unlikely I will be happy with my 1st choice carry pistol/holster so ...

Thread: Body Position for CC in the hotter States

Body Position for CC in the hotter States

Just received letter from the Judge restrictions are gone! I know it is unlikely I will be happy with my 1st choice carry pistol/holster so I will probably buy more than one. Warmer weather is here and shorts and T shirts will be in order soon. I am sold on the Archangel for my full size 1911, plan to also buy XD'S .45 or Colt Defender in the event I cannot get comfortable with the large pistol. Of course I don't know yet but it seems to me the front of body is gonna be most comfortable and accessible for me, but I have been spending a lot of time here and it seems most prefer 3-5 O'clock? Really curious about you guys in tee's most of the year.

Thanks for any input, Mike

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I am in t-shirts year round, with varying degrees of additional cover garments, depending on the weather. I carry either a Glock 19, a Glock 17, an S&W 9mm, or a S&W 1006. I always carry at the 3:00/9:00 positions. I carried using the Brommeland Max-Con V for a long time, but now usually carry with one of these Ohio Special IWB - MidWorld Holster on a Wilderness Instructor belt.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

In Louisiana where winter is but a fleeting memory () I wear either a Remora (Home of the Original Remora No Clip IWB Concealment Holster) IWB clipless holster or a High Noon leather IWB holster depending on the pants I am wearing. Elastic waistband, shorts, etc, the Remora. Pants with a belt the Leather High Noon.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

I wear T-shirts a lot and have not found it to be a problem. The only suggestions I would have are that you get a good gunbelt, in order to hold your firearm up, and to wear darker colored T-shirts, or patterned shirts to help break up the outline.

I carry at 8:30 (yes, a lefty), because both Appendix and SOB are too uncomfortable for me.

My usual spring, summer, and fall attire is cargo shorts and either an untucked T-shirt, or a patterned regular shirt tucked in. No, I don't wear shorts to church (at least not usually), but we can't carry in church, anyway.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Milt sparks summer special works great

Thanks for the fast replies guys. Mike1956 does that include sob or mob? I am on my feet all day at work so I had thought about that.

high pockets ( wasn't he the Platoon Commander in The Great Santini?? ) Speaking of cargo shorts have you carried in your cargo pocket? Not the easiest access but I would think very hard to detect, no?

Quote Originally Posted by tanninman View Post
    Thanks for the fast replies guys. Mike1956 does that include sob or mob? I am on my feet all day at work so I had thought about that.

high pockets ( wasn't he the Platoon Commander in The Great Santini?? ) Speaking of cargo shorts have you carried in your cargo pocket? Not the easiest access but I would think very hard to detect, no?
    a) Never seen the movie "The Great Santini." Used to be a tall skinny kid, my dad and his mechanics used to call me "High Pockets."

b) I don't carry a pocket pistol, I have no idea how it would work out. My EDC is an HK P30S. Too big for pocket carry. The cargo pockets do work fine for extra magazines.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I carry in the 3-3:30 position. I had a Remora for my Shield, but you really need to wear a shirt under it. I just got a N82 (http://n82tactical.com/n82store/), and love it. Its very comfortable against bare skin, I had it on all weekend with just an untucked T Shirt and it was more comfortable than any other holster I've had. The Remora was nice, but it did tend to wander just a little bit.
    M&P Shield 9mm for EDC
    Ruger P90 for the nightstand

Just got myself a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro and LOVE It with just shorts and T-shirt. It disappears, even with a tighter t-shirt and is tuckable. I like the Milt sparks summer special or Galco's version, The Royal Guard, but if you carry heavy guns (like a full size 1911) the loops do not spread the weight. Probably my most comfortable holster is the kydex/leather hybrid variety. But now that it is getting hot already, I can tell the Black Ops will be my go to.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Houston Texas area. I am using 3Speed Holster Wear it just above the Beltline 12:00
    DSCN4581b.jpg

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tanninman View Post

No, 3:00/9:00 are the only positions I carry in. SOB has too many drawbacks for me to even consider it as a possibility. Being one's feet shouldn't be a detriment to carrying.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I prefer AIWB carry for everything buy 1911 Government Models, those get a Sparks SSII at 4:30 or so. My G23 gets an Archangel and Sig P229 Garrett Industries Slim AIWB.

Thanks Kennydale, thats the first time I have seen those definitely worth a closer look.

Quote Originally Posted by robhic View Post
    In Louisiana where winter is but a fleeting memory () I wear either a Remora (Home of the Original Remora No Clip IWB Concealment Holster) IWB clipless holster or a High Noon leather IWB holster depending on the pants I am wearing. Elastic waistband, shorts, etc, the Remora. Pants with a belt the Leather High Noon.
    Is that Kydex really comfortable against your skin compared to the Brommeland? Um, never mind. I'm sure the Remora feels just fine!
    Last edited by JoeyG; April 30th, 2013 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Quoted wrong poster

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I am in t-shirts year round, with varying degrees of additional cover garments, depending on the weather. I carry either a Glock 19, a Glock 17, an S&W 9mm, or a S&W 1006. I always carry at the 3:00/9:00 positions. I carried using the Brommeland Max-Con V for a long time, but now usually carry with one of these Ohio Special IWB - MidWorld Holster on a Wilderness Instructor belt.

Looks like I quoted the wrong poster the first time! Lol! Oh well, anyway, does the kydex feel as good next to your skin as the Max Con?

Links