MIC holster

This is a discussion on MIC holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wondering if anyone has experience with the MIC holster by glocktech. I've read some good things, but am curious if anyone uses it on a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: MIC holster

MIC holster

Wondering if anyone has experience with the MIC holster by glocktech. I've read some good things, but am curious if anyone uses it on a regular basis. Also, if purchased, I'll be using it on a compact model so I'm hoping it conceals pretty well. I searched around and found a couple similar threads, but they were a year or two old and I'm hoping more people have discovered this product in that time. Any and all advice is appreciated, thanks!

2. Remove Ads

I use one quite a bit but with a Glock 20sf. Works perfect for me...
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I use a similar product by Dale Fricke called a Zac. I will occasionally use it to run to a store or fill up the tank. I've found that if going from a seated position to standing I often need to adjust my weapon and don't like this tell when in public. I do think they are worth the $15 or so to have one, but they aren't an EDC item for me due to retention. They shine for bag/glove box/console carry. If you had to go hands on while carrying this way you would be in a bad situation with a very strong possibility of a gun grab or loss of control of weapon.

Distinguished Member
    I have the raven concealment 2, pretty much the same thing. Good concept, it can work - but I've only played with it on at the house, w/unloaded gun. It's safe enough for me, but moves around way too easily in my belt. There is just no stability in my opinion, even with my belt really tight, it will change cant ALOT and just schuffle around a bit too much for my liking.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

An issue with the shorter slide length sub-compacts Glocks is there isn't enough slide length to help stabilize the gun while riding tucked in the waist in the appendix position.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Glock 20

I'll be getting one of these for my Glock 20 in warmer weather. Any advice on carry? I was thinking of also installing a clip draw to stabilize it a little more from shifting. I'm not really sure that will be an issue. Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

I have a MIC holster for my Glock 26. I just got it two weeks ago but I will say that I love the simplicity and how well it grips over the trigger. It takes a little practice (half hour) to "snap" it off but it becomes very natural very quickly. I'm sure it is easier to "snap" off for a man. A gun with a bigger grip also helps with the leverage. I would definitely recommend one.

I have one but don't use it for "normal" carry. I use it for certain, distinctly non-carry circumstances:

Don't try this at home!!!
    miller_man and sebring like this.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

I had something similar for a gun I don't have anymore, not a bad idea for certain uses but not very stable by itself. I would recommend it for when you need to keep the gun somehwere it may bang around but want to protect the trigger like a glove box/center console. It does work well for actual carry if you combine it with a clip draw or something similar, the convenience of a clip draw with an added margin of safety.

los
    I really dig my Ghost.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I use mine everyday. If you go that route I highly recommend pairing it up with the clipdraw.

What I like about the system, is it allows me to carry at any position on my belt, and even on the inside pocket of my leather jacket if I so wish. versatile, cheap, and it adds virtually no thickness to the gun. And to top it off when I take my gun off, the trigger guard stays covered.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Quote Originally Posted by fulnix View Post
    I'll be getting one of these for my Glock 20 in warmer weather. Any advice on carry? I was thinking of also installing a clip draw to stabilize it a little more from shifting. I'm not really sure that will be an issue. Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
    Once again, yes. Pair it with a clipdraw.

I bought one today from a local cop shop for my PF9 and another for my G27, total impulse buy. I'm going to FL tomorrow for a long weekend and taking the G27 as my CCW (with 3 mags and a full 50 rounds of Gold Dots per advice from FL residents!), I'm going to take the MIC with me, not sure I'll use it but I'm wearing it right now at home with golf shorts and a web belt (not reinforced) and it is sitting fine at 3:00 (I don't do AIWB, if I want a vasectomy I'll pay a surgeon).

The retention on the cord to prevent the gun from falling down your pants could also be useful for female CCers. I hope this doesn't sound improper, but a lady could literally wear a skirt and put a small CCW in the waist of it and be able to access it up or down and not have to worry so much about it falling to the ground. If my results with the MIC are good I will probably have my CHL awaiting girlfriend play with it and see what she thinks.

UPDATE

I received my MIC in the mail today (broke down and got one to try it out) and I couldn't be happier. I'm amazed that I can conceal my G22 in the 3:00 position with little to no printing. I've been debating whether or not to get a G19 or G26 for my next carry weapon, but was concerned the G19 might be too big. With the MIC I'm confident I can conceal the 19 with no issues. Looks like my EDC (S&W Bodyguard .38 special) might be replaced.

Glad you like it. Seriously though, get a clipdraw. I have 100% confidence in that system when both are utilized in conjunction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links