How to wait ?

This is a discussion on How to wait ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered k-mans new dakota iwb as soon as he put it on the forum,about 2 or 3 weeks ago and I know he will ...

Thread: How to wait ?

How to wait ?

I ordered k-mans new dakota iwb as soon as he put it on the forum,about 2 or 3 weeks ago and I know he will do a great job on it and I will love it,but how can I keep my paitence in hand?mark off every day on the calendar?try and forget about it?oh,I am weak,I want it sj

2. Remove Ads

I ordered the same one from Kevin as well. The waiting game sucks but what I try to do is just try to forget you even ordered it. Then one day it will show up and this will make your day. Just erase all memories of K&D.

I just ordered from Eric, right before his house attempted to create an indoor swimming pool for him.

I know it's going to take time (moreso since he now has to reclaim his house from the instant pool) but that is the price you pay for custom made stuff.

And I've no doubt that the wait, for both of us, is going to be rewarded once we get our rigs onto us

Wayne

Administrator
    Fingernail biting does not help.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Quality comes at a "cost" which is translated as to money and time...but it's quality that is well worth it! (as srfl caresses his new HBE DC Special and pocket holster...and Max Con V).
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I just ordered from Eric, right before his house attempted to create an indoor swimming pool for him.

I know it's going to take time (moreso since he now has to reclaim his house from the instant pool) but that is the price you pay for custom made stuff.

And I've no doubt that the wait, for both of us, is going to be rewarded once we get our rigs onto us

Wayne
    Wayne, I ordered one from Eric on 10/30 so we're in the same boat. Decided to carry the S&W 1066 some and ordered a pancake with snaps for it.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    Wayne, I ordered one from Eric on 10/30 so we're in the same boat. Decided to carry the S&W 1066 some and ordered a pancake with snaps for it.
    I just noticed the post about Eric's plumbing problems, before that I was trying somewhat successfully to not think about the holster on order. Oh well it'll ship when it ships. Time is something that has to be dealt with unless you want a cookie cutter holster.
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

Try buying another gun, then order another holster, then buy another gun, then holster, then...........
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

I ordered a Cochise Defender from Kevin some time ago. (This coming Thursday will make it nine weeks.) No, fingernail biting and gum chewing does not help. If anything, it makes it worse, since every day now, I look for evidence that the BBT has visited while I was at work...

My K&D just shipped, should arrive any day now
    There are no problems in life too large to be handled by the use of small arms and high explosives

In god we trust, all others are suspects

$10.00 transfers in Houston, Texas

Waiting is a challange for sure. I can only take 18-20 weeks before I crack. Having several on hand already going through the wait several times makes it easier to do. I have 4 holsters on order as we speak. 2 Service Def-Con's, Friday eclipses 15 week's and 2 Deluxe IN-COGNITO'S From Garitty I think I am a couple week's in on those.

I have found a better way to do it though. I per order my holsters now, so in other words if I want a gun a make it a goal to get it I order the holster for it well before I get the gun. Sometimes it works sometimes not if a deal comes along or a trade is made but if I know I am getting a new piece I put the leather order in in advance.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I ordered from Milt Sparks in May and my order showed up yesterday! Well worth the wait IMO but like someone already stated, I just forgot that I had even ordered it and it was a nice surprise when it showed up. Of course, this isn't the only holster I have, one of very many so it's not like I absolutely needed it. I can imagine and can relate what's it like to be ordering your first "custom" rig. From what I recall, it did take forever and I hated my Uncle Mikes more and more each day!!

Links