Update:3 weeks with the 3Speed Holster

This is a discussion on Update:3 weeks with the 3Speed Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For the last three weeks I have been using a somewhat unconventional system 3 Speed Holster Though it is primarily for DEEP CONCEAL. I wear ...

Thread: Update:3 weeks with the 3Speed Holster

For the last three weeks I have been using a somewhat unconventional system 3 Speed Holster Though it is primarily for DEEP CONCEAL. I wear it at 12:00 just above the belt line. 90% of the time i am in drawstring shorts, the rest I am in Wrangler jeans. (Houston, TX area and i am retired). My EDC (and first gun ) Is the Ruger sr40c.
    I carry the short magazine in the gun (9+1). the spare magazine is a 15 round (I do not use the Ruger base extender for the magazine).

I started off just wearing it with the gun UNLOADED. I wanted the material to start to soften to the gun, and i practiced drawing to form a draw cone for the thumb. The second week I carried fully loaded. I have been wearing this system from the time i get up (6AM) till I go to bed (about midnight ). I did find that the Velcro straps against my bare skin was slightly irritating, so now I wear a thin white tank tee, Holster system, then regular tee. I have not gotten any odd stares since I started carrying. I find this system works very well when seated, and especially in the car. I have queried Joe Roger (Owner of 3 Speed) that I had concerns about my portly size and that is causes the Velcro straps to curl in ward somewhat. he emailed back that the straps should hold up for a long time, and any failure would be quickly corrected by them. I have heard they honor their warranty and do great customer service.

Next weekend i will be at the NRA Convention here in Houston, and i have read that they will allow conceal carry inside the exhibit hall. If this system has any appeal to you, I give them a VERY GOOD recommendation.

DSCN4581b.jpg

Thank you for your review, this is very interesting to me because I've been considering purchasing a 3Speed, but I have been unable to read many reviews. Do you find it gets hot after wearing a few hours in jeans?

Links