ordered me a remora....

ordered me a remora....

This is a discussion on ordered me a remora.... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; remora has a buy one get one free deal till midning tonight...so i ordered me a remora for my LCR.......

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Taurahe
  • 1 Post By zeke4351

Thread: ordered me a remora....

ordered me a remora....

remora has a buy one get one free deal till midning tonight...so i ordered me a remora for my LCR....
    Kennydale likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    remora has a buy one get one free deal till midning tonight...so i ordered me a remora for my LCR....
    I was looking at their site the other day for my PF9, I don't really care about getting two of the same but I am interested in your feedback so please do advise.

I tried it at length at my FFL, and it's definitely comfy. Can't reholster without significant effort or just pulling out the holster, holstering and then reinserting holster wherever you want. I decided to pass personally, but that's just me.

VIP Member
    I like mine. Very comfortable and stays in place for most of the day. I've had to readjust once or twice during the day, but that's about it - the holster may shift slightly if I have been sitting for a long time and the butt of the gun is pressing against a seat back. But it's a slight shift, nothing like it will fall out or anything like that.

It's great for IWB carry. Most comfortable holster by far.

A very simple solution to a very vexing problem.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    I was looking at their site the other day for my PF9, I don't really care about getting two of the same but I am interested in your feedback so please do advise.
    I purchased a Remora for my LC9. Very very nice. No regrets.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I used one for a while, very comfortable, and for the price I would recommend it to anyone to try. I also ordered a N82 Pro and its now my favorite. Its more comfortable, especially against bare skin and I like having the clip to keep it in place. The Remora did move slightly and I felt the need to adjust it when getting up and down from sitting. Most of the time it hadn't moved, but it was more of a mental thing for me. It was also difficult to re-holster when practicing my draw at the range or at home. Remora's also a great company with excellent customer service.
    M&P Shield 9mm for EDC
    Ruger P90 for the nightstand

I have two Remoras, one for a Glock 19 and another for a Ruger LCP. Both are outstanding. I have a double mag holder as well.

I purchased the partial sweat shield and hyde inner lining. I could not be more happy. I can adjust them however, whenever, and without effort. They have never come close to slipping out, which I was a little concerned about initially since they do not employ clips.

The outer lining feels better to me now that when I first bought it. I think the material breaks in a bit. Also, with the partial sweat shield and hyde lining, holstering is not an issue...I guide it in with my finger and it slips right into place.

I have not looked for another holster since, but tried several before.

Another thing I really like is how nicely they form to a pocket for pocket carry. Even the 19 pocket carries well in baggy pants. I completely forget I am wearing with this holster.

I hope you have the same experience. Like I noted above, once the outer material breaks in a bit, it is very nice. I think I heard someone say they washed the outer lining with a little soap and water to expedite the process. They smell a bit at first, but it goes away soon...probably faster if you wash it.
    Laws do not stop criminals, bullets do.

I have the 2 for my S&W SD40VE. The Reinforced one and the standard one. I can re-holster the weapon easily in the RFT but it is a little harder in the standard one.
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

I actually had mine fall down my leg in a restroom, luckily it did not hit the floor, (stopped at my shoe), and the other two people in there were in stalls and did not see it, haven't used it since.

I've got one for my compact 1911 and i love it. That being said, with a heavy gun like mine, it's no good without a belt. I've never had the holster fall with anything, but it dang sure pulled my gym shorts down.

HCF
    Thanks for posting info. I just picked up p238 an was looking for pocket holster and this was great option. I've got a few remora's an mag pouch they get used in rotation depending what I'm doing never had one slip but adjusting getting up from sitting down. Works great in car between seat and center console as well when driving.

I really like the Remora holster as you can see.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367511235.037115.jpg
    Taurahe likes this.

I ordered a pocket carry one with the remora hyde liner.... my free will be a standard IWB. Should have them in the next few day I hope. Does anyone use it as an inbetween the seats holster for car carry?
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I ordered a pocket carry one with the remora hyde liner.... my free will be a standard IWB. Should have them in the next few day I hope. Does anyone use it as an inbetween the seats holster for car carry?
    I do. Works incredibly well for that application as well.

Sponsored Links