Crossbreed shipping timelines?

This is a discussion on Crossbreed shipping timelines? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have any recent experience ordering from Crossbreed? I ordered a Minituck for my CM9 on 23 April but it's still showing as "not yet ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossbreed shipping timelines?

Crossbreed shipping timelines?

Anyone have any recent experience ordering from Crossbreed? I ordered a Minituck for my CM9 on 23 April but it's still showing as "not yet shipped." They have a disclaimer on the website that says allow 8 weeks for delivery. I feel like a kid back in the day who ordered x-ray glasses from the back of a comic book -- remember that wait?

Hoping someone has had some recent experience with ordering who can offers some insight or expectation.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Next time take a look at the Galco King Tuk. I like it better and it looks like better quality at a lower price. I found mine in stock at OpticsPlanet and got it within the week. You can see the quality difference. Sometimes handmade does not mean better. Cutting leather to a template shape and bolting on a kydex shell that any kid can make at home, is not the same as a handmade Milt Sparks holster. The King Tuk has sewn seams and less leather that makes it more comfortable plus you do not have to wait weeks or advertise the owner's religion.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Prepare for a lond wait, I order one on 27 Feb, should be shipping out the beginning of next week. They have a Facebook page and post updates on what orders are shipping.

I ordered on Mar 1st. They told me it should ship next week. 10 weeks is rediculous. It doubt I will go through this again when there is a plethora of choices out there. Like Old Dog said, it is a slab of leather and some kydex, not a custom all leather stitched holster.

I ordered mine on the 11th March and am still waiting, 8 weeks and counting, I certainly hope it was worth the wait..

Gary

Darn, wish I'd posted this BEFORE ordering. Thanks folks, at least I can manage my expectations. I had about 4 people recommend these to me, but I had no idea it would take so long. Conveniently, they already charged my credit card. I guess I can always call and cancel if it gets too stupid.

I ordered my CBST on February 24th and got a notification yesterday, May7, that it had been shipped. It did not come today, May 8th. Maybe tomorrow?
    "Do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

About 9 weeks for me - I ordered sometime beginning of February and got it end of April. The estimate I was given when I placed the order was "4 to 6 weeks"... At the about the 8th week I started to call for updates. At the 9th week I finally sent an email asking if my order was skipped over; they then shipped it the next day.

Just stay on them.

The reason I was given for the delay was something along the lines of, "Due to the current political climate and events in the media, we are back-logged due to excessive amount of orders...". So, you can thank the media and Obama.

Ordered super tuck on Feb 25th and got an e-mail today that it has shipped, never contacted them because I knew from other postings on this site that it would be awhile.

It's worth the wait.

Looks like I've got a few more months to wait. Oh well. I'm hoping it's all it's cracked up to be.

I emailed Crossbreed last night to ask if they had an estimated delivery date for my holster, Crossbreed replied quickly stating that holsters ordered on the 25th February where just shipping, so as I placed my order 2 to 3 weeks after that date, I am assuming another 2 or 3 weeks until mine arrives..
    I have always used a shoulder holster and this will be my first time carrying IWB, so no great problem if it takes a while to arrive as I still like my shoulder holsters!!
    The message from Crossbreed also had the "Due to recent events in the media and politics we are experiencing a very high volume of orders......." text.

Gary

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I have a Crossbreed Super Tuck for XD40 SC and when i bought my XD Tactical I opted for a Galco King Tuk off the shelf at Gander Mountain because of the ridiculous long wait from CB. Galco is similar in every respect and is about $10 cheaper with no wait.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Heh...I just went to the Galco site to check out the King Tuk and noted that both R and L hand versions are sold out/backordered. Cabela's has 'em on their site, but nothing for a Kahr.

Quote Originally Posted by LaundryGuy View Post
    It's worth the wait.
    I agree. I got both a MiniTuck (in horsehide since it sits close to my body) and a MiniSlide (in regular black cowhide). I wish I had also ordered a mag carrier.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links