Car carry

Car carry

This is a discussion on Car carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everybody I currently have the shield in 9mm in my car. I don't yet have a CHL (saving to get it) but Texas allows ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PhilG

Thread: Car carry

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar

Car carry

Hello everybody I currently have the shield in 9mm in my car. I don't yet have a CHL (saving to get it) but Texas allows folks to carry in their cars. I carry it exposed to me but hidden to everyone else in front of the gear shift and under the radio and a/c deal in my car. I am looking at getting another vehicle soon and the one I'm thinking of getting doesn't have this ability like my current vehicle. What holster or carry method for the car do y'all recommend? I have to conceal it good or put it in the glove box because I'm not suppose to have it on campus...yet. but still need to get to it fast when I need it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

I have been using a Remora that I stuff inbetween the driver and passenger seats, but I have a small car. Another remora option I have considered is attaching a large piece of velcro to the remora, and a corresponding piece on the bottom of the steering column so I can stick it there as needed. It close at hand easy to access and out of sight. Then you can just put the whole thing in the glove box when on campus.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Would it hold the weight of a fully loaded gun? The velcro option I mean.

Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

Just put the Remora between the seats, works great and is simple.
    Taurahe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WannabeaCPA View Post
    Would it hold the weight of a fully loaded gun? The velcro option I mean.

If you use the right type of velcro yes it will. ( yes Velcro comes in types as velcro is a brand name, not a product). I would use 2 1 inch by one inch squares, or you could cover the whole side of a remora and be done with it. My lcr weighs less than 20 oz loaded so it would not tax the velcro much. A fully loaded full frame 1911..... with the right velcro it would be safe. Your shield 9mm would fine velcro'd under the steering column.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    If you use the right type of velcro yes it will. ( yes Velcro comes in types as velcro is a brand name, not a product). I would use 2 1 inch by one inch squares, or you could cover the whole side of a remora and be done with it. My lcr weighs less than 20 oz loaded so it would not tax the velcro much. A fully loaded full frame 1911..... with the right velcro it would be safe. Your shield 9mm would fine velcro'd under the steering column.
    I used an industrial adhesive-backed velcro to mount a holster to the center console in my truck.

While it held the weight just fine, what it didn't do is stay adhered after seasonal changes. It probably could've handled a 105* summer, or a 5 degree winter, but not both.

I think the next mounting attempt will use hardware

I came across this product the other day.

Universal Vehicle Handgun Holster Mount - Steering Wheel Column Application

Seems like a good solution, and a good price too. I'll be purchasing this before my next road trip home (to Texas).

Links