How to make more comfortable for EDC?

This is a discussion on How to make more comfortable for EDC? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I posted this under a different forum area with 0 response over a week so thought I would re post here. I'm a college student ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: How to make more comfortable for EDC?

I posted this under a different forum area with 0 response over a week so thought I would re post here. I'm a college student that just got my CPL a few weeks ago and the only handgun I have is a sig 2340 and with little money i'm making my EDC my 2340. I snapped a few photos to see if anyone had any suggestions that may make my carry more comfortable? Im using an old faithful IWB holster with a heavy duty last chance cableas gun belt. Has anyone else had discomfort over their weak side while using a heavy duty gun belt if so how did you relieve it? IMG_0187.jpgIMG_0186.jpgIMG_0184.jpgIMG_0183.jpg

AIWB?
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

VIP Member
    No, I never found a way to make a hybrid comfortable.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Your probably unintentionally leaning to try and counter the bulge from that IWB setup....happened to me also. Quit leaning and stand up straight and your pain on the opposite side will go away. No ones looking.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

Can't see the clips on the holster, but whatever comfort you experience will come over time. I wear an SHTF ACE-1 holster (also on left side), and I find it to be very comfortable, with no discomfort on my weak side.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I am a huge remora fan, no clip, comfortable and is affordable, I bought a reinforced top so I can dress around my holster then holster my EDC which is my walther ppq, if I can comfortably conceal a medium sized pistol with the remora, you shouldn't have a problem.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368677469.086887.jpg

This is what I was wearing this winter some of the time, I have a pics with my crossbreed iwb but I have to dig it up. Once you wear it more you want even tell that you have it on. Try being it the military like I was for twenty-eight years and wear all of your field gears.
    OWB holsters carry 017.jpgOWB holsters carry 020.jpg
    GhostMaker likes this.

I am not sure what you are asking. Are you having discomfort on your weak-side hip while carrying on your strong side? If that is the case it is either just that your belt has yet to break in, that you are tightening your belt too much, or that your pants are too tight. Pants that fit you well, with no gun, are too tight for IWB carry. Try leaving the button of your pants undone and loosen up your belt just a hair and see if that works. Wi so you might just have to buy some new pants.

I know that belt, and honestly, compared to some other similar type belts out there (Wilderness Tactical, 5.11) it isn't impressive at all, a stiff belt that doesn't shift AT ALL is vital. Try shifting your holster back more to a 4:00 or even 5:00 position, you aren't really printing per se but it is pretty obvious in the pics that you have something under your shirt. That can lead to awkward conversations, especially around a college aged crowd.

When I first read the thread and saw two posts with similar type pics (selfies in the mirror), I assumed they were the same poster. I thought for a moment that you had done an inverse Michael Jackson (gone from white to black)...I need to lay off the sherm stick...

I cannot get comfortable with my hybrid IWB Theis holster either, and it houses only a Nano. All the extra leather and the clips make it impossible to be comfortable. I've had it for a few months, so it's broken in. It also depends on the shorts I wear and the t-shirts too as to whether I print or not. I have a PJ Holster on order for a few weeks (like 10) so it should be here soon (I hope). I think that minimal holster will help tremendously.

Some times but I believe it is related to a knife I sometimes carry on the weak side and the fact that I have a preference to have my belt very tight. However I would like to address carrying full size hg. I have found that for me, it is more comfortable to carry full size at 430/5 oclock instead of 3. Compacts are fine for 3 though, maybe if you tried it in the 430/5 area you would fix your problem.

Better belt...with a stiffener. If your belt is too tight with a IWB setup...you will be uncomfortable all around.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Stiffer belt, and maybe wear a mag pouch on the weak side. Balance out the load. The hybrid holsters do need a fair bit of time to break in, and even then I don't find them to be as comfy as my Garrett IWB. I know you don't want to blow a lot of money, so you'll probably have to trade off comfort for economy for a little while. Many of us accumulate a "box of holsters" while we're finding out what works for us, and maybe there's no shortcut save dumb luck.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

IMO, there's one or two ways to carry a full size pistol with your particular build. One would be appendix carry and is the one that would lend itself to the fastest draw. The other would be using the SmartCarry system; I use the SmartCarry all the time with excellent success. Look up "SmartCarry" and check it out from their site.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    IMO, there's one or two ways to carry a full size pistol with your particular build. One would be appendix carry and is the one that would lend itself to the fastest draw. The other would be using the SmartCarry system; I use the SmartCarry all the time with excellent success. Look up "SmartCarry" and check it out from their site.
    ^^^ this. this would probably be your best and more comfortable bet, either smartcarry or AIWB.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links