Ebay Crossbreed knock offs

This is a discussion on Ebay Crossbreed knock offs within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'd like to try a Crossbreed Appendix however I'm wanting to drop the money or wait two months. Has anyone tried the hybrid holsters on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ebay Crossbreed knock offs

I'd like to try a Crossbreed Appendix however I'm wanting to drop the money or wait two months. Has anyone tried the hybrid holsters on eBay? I'd be out $33 bucks.

However I'm a Crossbreed fan boy, what would be concerns about buying a cheapo?

In God and Glock we Trust

Depending on your gun there are some other hybrid holsters out there that have better customer service and likely a better product than a cheapo ebay knock off. Personally I would look at crossbreed seconds or like ozark holsters.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I don't have any experience with the ebay holsters, but I do have a crossbreed and it is an excellent holster.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

In my opinion/experience, the difference between Crossbreed and the knockoffs lies in the attention that Crossbreed pays to details. Knock-offs may require some heat treatments to provide retention that Crossbreed has from the start, and bgusty said, Crossbreed (and their name-brand competitors) offer top-of-the-line customer service. Pretty sure the ebay-ers won't give a lifetime belt clip replacement for $33 ;)

I bought one off e-bay for my 1911 . Wasn't very thick leather , didn't care for it . Cost was ok, $33.00 . I ended up buying one from Crossbreed . Super tuck deluxe . What a difference in quality , I will only buy from them . Have one for my SR40C also . To me worth the extra cost .
    If you can read this thank a teacher .... If its in English thank a veteran. ..
    NRA member. ..

Distinguished Member
    There are some fine holster makers that use ebay to sell as well as Amazon. I buy from the same few holster makers and get great holsters in popular styles. Just look at feedback and reviews before you buy. After spending over $100 per holster on guns that sometimes were traded or sold before the holster could be made, I started buying my holsters on ebay and Amazon. Funny thing was that I liked them better. They were more comfortable and had the same kind of stitching as far as I can tell. If you are not looking for carved or exotic skin holsters that require the touch of a master there are plenty of guys out there that can cut leather, mold it and sew it together for you at much cheaper prices than you pay elsewhere.

I am sure that a big name expensive holster will last longer than my $40 ones but know what? I do not keep my guns long enough to wear down their holsters. Like shoes, I only need a pair that will last me until I get tired of them. I have some holsters that are copies of really expensive ones and the way I figure it, I can buy 3-4 of the cheaper ones for the same cost of one expensive one. So if you have to replace it once or twice over your lifetime you still come out ahead.
    The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions. - Alfred Adler

I'll hold off and see if it find one on Crossbreed seconds. Or just buy one because if I don't like it it can send it back.

you get what you pay for .... ALWAYS!!!
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

1) Get what you pay for
    2) Support the entrepreneur that came up with the idea
    3) You get a trial period when you can send it back if you don't like it.

You know how you hear about people who have drawers full of holsters? That's how they get started -- by buying cheaper holsters hoping to find something as good as the quality one they didn't purchase. After they've spent several times the cost of a good holster, they finally get the picture.

Yep, checked off the cheapo. They said they have a two week return policy.
    But like I said I love Crossbreed.

OD*
    There's a reason cheap things are cheap.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

If you are looking for a cheaper but high quality alternative try Old Faithful holsters. I got one and the quality is great. I did modify the holster to fit me more comfortably but the quality is good. Plus they have a money back guarantee. So you don't have anything to loose.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I have a Crossbreed Super Tuck, and I also have a very similar Galco King Tuk, both are well made, make carrying a pleasure. Back in the day I waited 5 to 6 weeks for the CB, but bought the Galco off the shelf at the local Gander Mountain for about $15 cheaper. If it is a replacement holster, fine, the wait is nothing, but when I buy a new gun I want the holster when I walk out the gunshops door. OpticPlanet sells the Galco King Tuk for $56 with free 5-10 day shipping or pay $12 and get it in 3-5 days
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

OWB? Sounds like mine. My price at least. I go by chiefjason50 there. Sometimes cheap is a guy in the garage that does not have to pay employees, rent, and advertising and passes that savings on to the customer. Jus sayin. Been doing it over a year and had less than a dozen returns total, probably closer to half that.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links