Holsters in a drawer

This is a discussion on Holsters in a drawer within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think i will end up with a drawer full of holsters ...........first day of carry and its starting already . Looks like less ammo ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Holsters in a drawer

VIP Member

Holsters in a drawer

I think i will end up with a drawer full of holsters ...........first day of carry and its starting already . Looks like less ammo money for me .
    Last edited by welder516; May 17th, 2013 at 04:15 PM. Reason: spelling

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Think of it as a right of passage. We've all been there.
    southernwi likes this.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Multiple holsters are almost completely unavoidable, especially if you have multiple guns in your carry rotation.

While all my holsters are comfortable, I've found that my Remora works better than my Old Faithful holster for my Shield in different situations. I've also got an OWB for my little pony that I use for range work or hunting and an IWB for CC. I'm also one of the lucky ones that hasn't bought holsters that don't fit right or aren't comfortable that truly get zero usage.
    bigmacque likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

I got lucky to the extent that I bought a comfortable and functional iwb right off the bat then bought a nice LEO type owb holster for the range which I do use for cc occasionally when its cold and I wear a jacket. Then I have the obligatory nylon cheapie(s) for quick access storage.
    Then again I am not one of those guys who has to have a holster with adjustable cant of 37 degrees super duper clips and the latest greatest state of the art fufu stuff either.
    I noticed my iwb the other day still looks good even after almost constant carry for over a year now. Its well broken in and fits my gun like a glove. I have done absolutley nothing to it for maintenance Its light. soft and easy to get off and on my belt without disrobing. I can take it off without being noticeable and put it back on when getting out of my pickup without being noticeable. I have considered getting another holster but cant find a reason to purchase one.
    I will get a nice western style holster for my vaq pretty soon. Thats the only holster I can see buying in the near future.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

I still have holsters for handguns I've not had for many years. Better to have a box full of holsters than drawers full of ship.
    welder516 likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

I bought a mic and a clipdraw off the bat. Never tried anything else.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I still find that I actually use most of mine, depending on the carry situation and the gun I'm using.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

If my first holster was a Remora, I wouldn't have a drawer full of holsters I didn't use...
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    I still find that I actually use most of mine, depending on the carry situation and the gun I'm using.
    That's my option(s) too. Drawstring, elastic waist pants? Possibly my Remora if drawstring will go tight enough, or Smart Carry or even an ankle holster.

Dress clothes? Probably the ankle rig 'cause I still can't get fast with the Smart Carry and any exposure is a no-no.

Different clothes, different situations = different carry/different gun. Simple.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Holsters in a drawer

My first holster for any gun is a Remora since its so applicable in lots of situations, it's cheap, and it always gets to my door fast. After I get that then I do my research for something more suitable. Depending on the gun I never do end up bothering with getting another one.

We need to set up a DC forum holster swap thread or something similar. Swap a holster with another member so we can all try new holsters without buying them.
    welder516, Oldpsufan and kmagnuss like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    Not me.

Most of my holster drawer is full of cheaper holsters. I went through quite a few trying to figure out what I was looking for and what to avoid. I carry almost exclusively in a UBG Striker.

When I bought my first firearm, I had no intention of ever carrying. The sales guy said, "you'll have another gun within 2 months, your CHL in a year, and a drawer full of holsters." I laughed. He was right, of course.

Some of my big learnings as I've gone through this holster journey:

1. As with firearms, gun guys want you to buy the holster/gun that fits THEIR needs or quirks. You need a Glock/Sig/Crossbreed/Don Hume! -- even if you don't.

2. You can carry a MUCH larger firearm than people realize, by either dressing around it, or finding the right carry location and/or holster.

3. Sometimes, cheap really works!

4. OWB blows IWB away for speed of presentation. .5 seconds is an eternity in defensive situations.

5. "50 million Elvis fans can't be wrong". When everybody who tries a holster or type of holster raves about it, it probably lives up to the hype.

The journey is a fun one. The drawer keeps filling-- even when we love what we already have.
    Currently own: Beretta PX4 9mm, Glock 23 (Gen 4), Glock 19 (Gen 4) x2

I carry a Tommy Theis IWB. I love it, and it only took me buying 4 other holsters before it. Everyone does it, it just takes time to find the right one.

I've had a few different ones and luckily few were abject failures. I was also very lucky to try a Garrett Silent Thunder; now I have a drawer full of Garrett holsters! I like them enough that if Garrett doesn't offer a holster for a given gun I have second thoughts about buying that gun.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links