Blackdog Holster Review

Blackdog Holster Review

This is a discussion on Blackdog Holster Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Recently purchased a Blackdog Concealment holster for my Glock 30 a few days ago. If anyone is looking for an OWB kydex holsterth at really ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Tundra5.7

Thread: Blackdog Holster Review

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar

Blackdog Holster Review

Recently purchased a Blackdog Concealment holster for my Glock 30 a few days ago. If anyone is looking for an OWB kydex holsterth at really pulls the pistol tight into your body, this one is worth the look. As an added plus, it can be switched to an IWB holster by purchasing the hardware from Blackdog. The holster spreads the weight of the Glock 30 very well. A friend is using one for his M&P 40c and is very happy with his as well. I ordered mine with 1.75" kydex belt loops, a full sweat guard, and a 15 degree cant. The edges are sanded smooth and instructions are included explaining how to adjust the retention is that is desired. The price and shipping was very reasonable and shipping was very quick as I received the holster in 3 or 4 days.

Xader and andrewcdub like this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Distinguished Member
    Thanks for the review! I just stumbled onto their site yesterday, and I'm seriously considering ordering an OWB and a mag carrier from them.

Prices are very good, and their listed lead time is less than two weeks.

They also list a 30-day guarantee, as well as a lifetime warranty
    WARRANTY. WE HAVE A LIFE-TIME WARRANTY ON ALL OUR PRODUCTS. THIS IS MY LIFE TIME, NOT YOURS. I AM 62 YEARS OLD. YOUR GUESS IS AS GOOD AS MINE.
    10% LEO/Mil discount

Seems like a company I'd be happy to support.

Question:I have some kydex holsters and like them.I can't hardly stand what they do to the finish,no matter what finish they just chew them up.I know my guns are tools but I keep my tools nice,hammers,saws and all.Is there anything to coat the inside of the holster to lessen the wear?Normal holster wear at the end of barrel I can understand but they are just to rough,but I really like the holsters otherwise.
    The Blackdog holster looks like a good holster.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pignut View Post
    Question:I have some kydex holsters and like them.I can't hardly stand what they do to the finish,no matter what finish they just chew them up.I know my guns are tools but I keep my tools nice,hammers,saws and all.Is there anything to coat the inside of the holster to lessen the wear?Normal holster wear at the end of barrel I can understand but they are just to rough,but I really like the holsters otherwise.
    The Blackdog holster looks like a good holster.
    You might consider a holster from Tucker Gunleather. They have kydex OWB, IWB and hybrid holsters, and for $15, any of these can be purchased with a leather lining what is much more finish-friendly.

Alternately, Safariland holsters have a suede lining that play well with finishes.

Links