One clip or two?

One clip or two?

This is a discussion on One clip or two? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am pretty new to concealed carry and I'm looking at a couple of holster styles for my Beretta Nano. I was checking out the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: One clip or two?

One clip or two?

I am pretty new to concealed carry and I'm looking at a couple of holster styles for my Beretta Nano.
    I was checking out the offerings from Foxx Holsters and I see that they have 2 styles that might work for me.
    They have their hybrid with two belt clips and the Little Foxx with one. I would think that the Little Foxx would probably be appropriate for a pistol as small as the Nano but the traditional hybrid style seems more solid to me. I am also looking at one from N82Tactical, which also has one clip. I was wondering which type you folks might prefer and why.

If it helps, I am 5'9" and pushing 250 lbs (body by Budwieser, lol) and I would like to be able to carry under an untucked polo shirt or something similar. I'm not sure if the Foxx holsters are tuckable but that's not my #1 criteria for this purchase.

I have a DeSantis Mini Scabbard for owb that has one belt loop, and that seems to be fairly secure when using a good belt. I would think the Little Foxx would be similar but I really don't have any experience to go on. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Kirk
    Kennydale likes this.

I have both the Foxx hybrid and the little fox I like the hybrid better for me, it distributed the weight better even when I carry my Shield, forget that I am carrying it. I wear polo shirt untucked all the time at work and no problem with t-shirts on the weekend.

I would go with 2 belt clips it distributes the weight better and also has adjustable cant also fits extremely securely.
    pgrass101, ccw9mm, dV8r and 2 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    I use a Galco IWB Tuck N' Go for my Kahr CM9 and it works well with one clip. If you can find one of these that fits the Nano I would recommend it. Only about $30.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Senior Moderator
    I second two belt clips, it does make carrying more comfortable
    ccw9mm likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I have both one and two clip models, not foxx, and I use both, the one clip is easier and faster to put on the belt and the two clip is,(for me), more secure and holds tighter to the body..

I prefer two. It prevents your holster from pivoting and printing your gun.

Thanks for your input guys. You are confirming what I was thinking - that the 2 clip hybrid might be better, even for this little gun.

My selection has been narrowed to the hybrid and the N82 Tactical. I realize the the N82 has one clip as well, but it seems that the suede backing contributes to stability as well. Almost every review I've read about them includes the phrase "most comfortable holster I've ever owned." The only drawback I can see with the N82 is reholstering, but it looks like their Pro model might be better for that. Decisions, decisions...

I plan on picking up a foxx or SHTF for my LCP in the near future with two clips my wife has a single clip model for her NAA gaurdian .32 bug and hardly ever uses it because it pivots and falls so low below the belt line she cant draw.
    SHTFGearLLC likes this.

They are magazines not clips! Oh wait, nevermind.
    Glock2201 and Brad426 like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kcb38 View Post
    I am pretty new to concealed carry and I'm looking at a couple of holster styles for my Beretta Nano.
    I was checking out the offerings from Foxx Holsters and I see that they have 2 styles that might work for me.
    They have their hybrid with two belt clips and the Little Foxx with one. I would think that the Little Foxx would probably be appropriate for a pistol as small as the Nano but the traditional hybrid style seems more solid to me. I am also looking at one from N82Tactical, which also has one clip. I was wondering which type you folks might prefer and why.

If it helps, I am 5'9" and pushing 250 lbs (body by Budwieser, lol) and I would like to be able to carry under an untucked polo shirt or something similar. I'm not sure if the Foxx holsters are tuckable but that's not my #1 criteria for this purchase.

I have a DeSantis Mini Scabbard for owb that has one belt loop, and that seems to be fairly secure when using a good belt. I would think the Little Foxx would be similar but I really don't have any experience to go on. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Kirk

I have a Nano, and I have both the FoxX hybrid (for my PPQ) and the Little FoxX for my Nano. The Little FoxX is OK if you want to Appendix carry. If you carry at the 4 to 5 O'clock position, go with the Hybrid (crossbreed style) holster, as it distributes the weight well, and is very comfortable.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

I digress a little. I have a Galco Double Time (2 belt loops) and a Galco Triton for my Glocks 19 and 26.

I grab the Double Time when I need maximum concealment and minimum printing but for a quick run or if I have to take the gun off and in a lot, I grab the Triton and its singular plastic clip.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Little FoxX (only pic of it I have with the gun holstered and clearly visible)

FoxX hybrid:
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Just ordered the hybrid in all black. 39 bucks shipped seems like a heck of a deal, considering the reviews I've read. Thank you for your input gentlemen.

I like my Remora, with NO clips. Just a very tacky outside surface holds it securely IWB. And cheap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links