Got my old faithful holster today

This is a discussion on Got my old faithful holster today within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got my stage 3 kit for my newly aquired glock 19. This holster was a pain to put together. The T nuts didn't go ...

Thread: Got my old faithful holster today

Got my old faithful holster today

Just got my stage 3 kit for my newly aquired glock 19. This holster was a pain to put together. The T nuts didn't go through very far, despite repeated pounding, and finding the right spacer and screw was a pain. I don't know why they send 3 sizes if you only use 2. Despite all that I do like the holster ok. It's very concealable. I'll have to get used to wearing it. Does anyone have a recommendation on a holster with 1 clip that can be reholstered without taking your pants off? It can be leather or kydex. Pics will come later, after I unholster for the night.

2. Remove Ads

I had the same problem with my Old Faithful holster. I used a socket and hammer to pound the t-nut into the leather from the front side. At first I didn't really like the holster. I had to make some adjustments to make it fit better while driving.

I am now using a High Noon Closing Argument holster that is really nice. It definitely fits different than the Old Faithful but I need to give it more time to see which one I like better. It does seem bulkier but that may just be me being over sensitive. It is more adjustable and much easier to put on and take off. Especially because I got some kydex c-clips for the Old Faithful.

Make sure you give it some time to break in and soften.

My experience exactly. Very concealable but a pain to put on and take off. I am also considering a single clip holster. I want something that rides deep like my old faithful though. I have it on the deepest setting and it conceals very well. It is getting more comfortable with wear. I have had mine a week.

Good luck!

I'm currently looking into a RDR holster. Here's a quick pic.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369102022.414083.jpg

Mine was easy to put together it comes with the leather spacer all you ned is a rubber mallet
    Spring field 1911a1, glock 27, tuarus pt111, colt police revolver 38spl, NAA mini, charter arms undercover .38 spl

Yeah that's what I used, but the t nuts wouldn't go through far enough.

Took 10 minutes, and not a single issue putting mine together.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaMike View Post
    I'm currently looking into a RDR holster. Here's a quick pic.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369102022.414083.jpg
    IMO I don't think the muzzle of the firearm should extend past the kydex. I don't see this in other well known brands of hybrid holsters but good luck getting Oldfaithful to address it. In my experience their follow up customer service (after making the sale) is poor to non existent.
    "If there is trouble, I stay here to help you. For your father -- for your father."

Links