Don Hume?

This is a discussion on Don Hume? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Did they go out of business? I looked on their website and I can't place an order. When I called them the voice-mail of the ...

Thread: Don Hume?

VIP Member

Don Hume?

Did they go out of business? I looked on their website and I can't place an order. When I called them the voice-mail of the CS folks says that their last day of work was 1/17/13. What gives?
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

2. Remove Ads

...their website says order through dealers...the last time I ordered direct was 3 years ago...

Contact Us : Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.

...both contact numbers still work and reach cs and others...don't know what number you used...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...their website says order through dealers...the last time I ordered direct was 3 years ago...

Contact Us : Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.

...both contact numbers still work and reach cs and others...don't know what number you used...
    I called the CS numbers and the automated system answered. It's when you try to actually talk to someone that you realize that it's a dead end. I tried three extensions 15, 10 and 25. All three were either off line or with a message that said they didn't work there anymore.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

...10 says not available...leave a message...did you? how did you find a recording saying 1/17/13 was last day of work?

...they've been trying to get out of direct orders since affiliating with Okla Leather...maybe they have...

I ordered a holster directly from them in January of last year and got it in November. They were tremendously busy, but then again, I ordered a left handed model.

I talked to them last year about a holster. Talking to some folks and doing a little digging, discovered they have been "bought out" by a company that was not that interested in making holsters.... leather goods yes, holsters - no. They had told me that they layed off several people or moved them that were making holsters, gave them X # of folks.... and what they could make , is what they could make, and would not let them really carry much of any on-hand inventory.

When I talked to them, they pretty much confirmed all of that information..... and if I wanted a holster , I had to order it ... and they said it would be at least a 6 month waiting period to get it. The people (dealers) I know that sold their holsters, said they couldn't get straight answers and couldn't get any inventory or orders filled at all. Now, they list only 2 approved dealers in Kansas .

Please contact an authorized dealer of Don Hume Leathergoods to place an order.

HOURS: MONDAY - FRIDAY 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM CENTRAL.

Don Hume Leathergoods a division of Oklahoma Leather Products, Inc., has long been regarded as one of the finest leathergoods manufacturers in the world, consistently supplying the law enforcement community with gun holsters, belts, handcuff cases and related leather equipment. We have now expanded our holster lines, providing products for men and women in the private sector who comply with the concealment carry laws.

Our specialized customer service experts will provide prompt, friendly, courteous service, while our craftsmen strive to manufacture leather products with old world craftsmanship to meet your expectations. That's the way it has been for almost five decades, and that is the way it will stay. A time honored tradition you can trust.

Something to think about...
    Don Hume Leathergoods a division of Oklahoma Leather Products Inc., has designed and produced quality leather products for over 40 years, and we are committed to serving our customers in the years to come. We welcome you to shop online, request a catalog, or contact our in-house representatives and let us know how we can best serve you.
    What a real shame, have been a good company who made a good product for a good price.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I'll agree that it's a shame. I have carried my bersa 380 plus in a Don Hume for 3 years now and it's as good as new. Didn't cost an arm and a leg either.

Links