Tommy's Gun Pack review

This is a discussion on Tommy's Gun Pack review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've had my Tommy's gun pack for 11 years or so. I bought the large because I had a Sig 226 & not long after, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tommy's Gun Pack review

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I've had my Tommy's gun pack for 11 years or so. I bought the large because I had a Sig 226 & not long after, started using a Glock 21.

I also live in California (Southern), & was asked several times if I was a cop. I only use it for the car or a trip now. I'ld rather conceal the gun in an IWB (I also carry smaller guns now). However, this gun pack is nice. It's quick to draw with one hand, well made (It's still in great shape after 11 years), & the 2 other compartments are roomy.

If someone wants to use a fanny pack, I highly recommend it.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

2. Remove Ads

I Have A Fanny Pack (brand?)...

I rarely use it, as IWB and a loose shirt works very well for my here in FL...
    When I have used it...it was for easy access on a trip (while in the car).

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have not been able to find any IWB system that is not very uncomfortable.

Tommy's gun packs are great till you have a problem. Good luck trying to get someone to return a phone call. I would not suggest to anyone.

Thumbs down albert

I just received a custom order from Tommy's Gun Pack using measurements based on the sizing information on their website. This sizing information are the measurements for usable space inside the pack. Tommy's Gun Pack used the measurements I sent for the outside of the pack, making the usable space inside too small for my purposes. I called Tommy's gun pack and was put through to the person who made the pack. He
    said the pack was made according to measurements I sent. As I tried to explain that I made the measurements based on the sizing information on their website, this person became not only uncooperative, but openly hostile and rude. I had no choice but to finally hang up, stuck with a $138.00 gun pack I can't use.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC4 View Post
    Forgive me, but after looking at that pack on their website, I just can't picture it being covered with a long shirt and not looking very odd. I realize that you've tried IWB and OWB, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't be better to simply wear that long shirt as you normally do, but with it hanging over a concealed holster.

I know there have been many threads in various forums discussing what "screams gun", I don't believe that vests, long shirts, and such do any such thing. In my environment, though, I see that pack as an attention-getter. The exception may be in a park, hiking trail, or some similar area where folks may carry camera, binocs, water, etc. on their waist.

I'm glad to hear that it works for you...maybe I'd be more inclined toward the product if I could see what it looks like with a long shirt draped over it as you describe.

Thanks for the review of the product.
    I use a Tommys most days in the summer. T shirt, jeans or short pants.
    Keep your powder dry

WOW!!! The prices have gone up. I have owned 2 TGP`s over the years. I bought both at gun shows for around $20 ea.
    Keep your powder dry

I bought a couple of these back in the day. I never use them. Too funky looking and to me it's a problem looking for a place to happen.

cj
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotbrass View Post
    WOW!!! The prices have gone up. I have owned 2 TGP`s over the years. I bought both at gun shows for around $20 ea.
    Yeah, the list prices are pretty outrageous, but I'm bombarded by weekly 'specials' for about 50% off...which is still a little high for what they are.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    They're well built, and my wife (a fanny-pack devotee) uses one. Once I closed a car door on the buckle and it broke, and I sent it back for repair with a hastily-written address tucked inside it. I never got it back and it took a great deal of work to reach someone (the owner, I would presume) to discover they never got it, lost it, tossed it, or whatever. Again, I would assume the loss was my fault for the sloppy way I labeled it, but discovering it wasn't coming back was difficult.

Still, we bought another one (at half off) and it is giving good service now.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links