Seeking opinions on 3 Speed Holster

This is a discussion on Seeking opinions on 3 Speed Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everyone, I've been looking for a new deep concealment holster for my G26/G23. I saw this deal on Slickguns yesterday: 3 Speed Holster Civilian ...

Thread: Seeking opinions on 3 Speed Holster

Hey everyone, I've been looking for a new deep concealment holster for my G26/G23. I saw this deal on Slickguns yesterday: 3 Speed Holster Civilian Discount - $76.50 after 10% off coupon | Slickguns

I haven't been able to find many reviews on the company though. Has anyone used 3 Speed holsters? Thanks.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    I was looking at one just yesterday. Am still debating about it, but they were cheaper on their website.
    3 Speed Holster
    If at first you don't succeed then skydiving definitely isn't for you.

-- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Not for me, too much bulk. I guess if you are the under 30 crowd, age and waist, it might be fine. I find a much better option to be something like the Smart Carry. I can carry a Kahr PM9 to Glock 27 very descreetly!
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

I "bookmarked" it for future references, but I see it as just a glorified Smart Carry. I've had a Smart Carry for years, and see no way to improve upon it. Just my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    I "bookmarked" it for future references, but I see it as just a glorified Smart Carry. I've had a Smart Carry for years, and see no way to improve upon it. Just my humble opinion.
    Thanks for the input everyone. I went ahead and took a chance on it. I already have a Smartcarry knockoff and do like it, but the velcro straps aren't very comfortable for me. I'll post a review of this one in a couple weeks when it arrives.

I see the 'three speeds'...slow, slower, and slowest...not my style for holster comfort.OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I've been looking at this for several months and I think it might be an improvement over the smart carry. I'm waiting for more reviews as I try to justify buying another holster!

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Someone on this forum is deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan, maybe a civilian contractor, and has been updating his experiences with the 3 Speed. He has given a favorable assessment over the trial period.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Scotty Pimpin' is the member who has been doing the review, it's on page 2 and Joe, the owner of 3 Speed has posted there as well as several other reviewers.

30-day review of the 3 Speed Holster (by ShootWell of Georgial)

I had trouble finding many reviews on the 3 Speed Holster, but got the best information on this site from scottypimpin on this other thread: 3 Speed Holster Ongoing Review

Since I had wished for more information before I bought mine, I have been regularly writing down my thoughts and just finished a detailed review based on my first 30 days of (constant) wear. It has become a fairly long review, so I've attached it here in PDF format. Hope it helps!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ShootWell; May 27th, 2013 at 02:18 PM.

Links