Comfort or Concealment

Comfort or Concealment

This is a discussion on Comfort or Concealment within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What would you prefer in a holster? One that is conceals your firearm better or one that is more comfortable and easier to draw from. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Comfort or Concealment

Comfort or Concealment

What would you prefer in a holster? One that is conceals your firearm better or one that is more comfortable and easier to draw from. I had been wearing a Old Faithful hybrid holster while I was waiting for my High Noon holster. When I got my High Noon I started using it and noticed it was much bulkier which made concealment a bit more difficult. It also sits higher so while it is easier to draw from the gun is harder to cover. I should note that at work I wear tucked in polos. I would like to use the High Noon more because it is more comfortable. But it is harder to conceal my gun with a tucked shirt.

So what would you do?

VIP Member
    I don't wear tucked shirts.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Gotta be comfy or It don't get worn
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

A tucked in shirt kinda raises the bar right from the start.

You can have the best of both worlds, but you may end up with a drawer full of holsters getting there.
    shadowwalker and thoricuncle like this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

It's not usually a choice between comfort and concealment but a balance of the two. You will rarely find a concealment method that is totally physically comfortable and allows you to move without restrictions. You get used to changes in wardrobe and ways of carrying yourself so as to not telegraph the fact that you are carrying.

A simple mantra is that "Concealed carry may not always be comfortable but it is always comforting."
    andrewcdub likes this.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

They're not for everyone, but I like my Remora holsters. They're about as un-bulky as a holster can be, and since they don't fasten to anything, can go in whatever orientation and height works best. I've tried tucking my shirts around them and it seems to work, though I don't actually carry that way.

Have to ask, what didn't you like about the Old Faithful?

I just received mine. I have this foolish idea that I can carry an M&P full size. I'm hoping the Old Faithful holster will help.

Dont work anymore so its giant white V-neck T-shirts an cargo shorts pretty easy to conceal. Still happy with milt sparks summer special, rosen's workman, or arg for owb kent hayes. Keep a remora in the car for driving use it crossdraw till I arrive than put back in ss.

Both. there are planty of great holster that offer the best of both worlds. Without knowing what gun you are carrying it is harder to say. some guns are just uncomfortable to carry. I have several SHTF Gear holsters and they are awesome. comfortable all day, they are tuckable, and they are not bulky in anyway. I CC a G22 with no problems, as long as I dont have to tuck in a shirt. If I have to tuck in, I can carry my SR40C or my LCR with no issues.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Why not have your cake and eat it too? There are plenty of holsters that conceal well and fit very comfortably.

If I had to choose one of the two, I'd have to go with concealment. If I wanted something that felt extremely comfortable without caring about concealment, I'd use an OWB holster.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

i like the Remora. i wear untucked shirts and carry in appendix position, so i can position the holster low so the grip is behind my belt. zero printing there. when i move into what i perceive as a lower visibility/higher risk situation, such as going out into a parking lot, i can reach down to the muzzle end and nudge it up slightly so the grip pops out above my belt. a little more printing, but much easier to grab and draw. very comfortable either way, sitting or standing.
    "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

The way I see it is if you have a nice belt and holster that works for you, there is no compromise between the 2. I didn't like my comptac ctac until i cut the sweat guard off of it. I would wear what ever felt the best because if it's not comfy, you won't wear it.

Both, Crossbreed!

In God and Glock we Trust

I would have to choose comfort. If it is not comfortable then I am not going to wear it. I carry at 3 o'clock, so I do not mind a little printing; it just looks like a cell phone on my belt. If I have to tuck in my shirt, then I would prefer a pocket gun instead of IWB like I normally carry.
    squid86 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrnbow1 View Post
    I would have to choose comfort. If it is not comfortable then I am not going to wear it. I carry at 3 o'clock, so I do not mind a little printing; it just looks like a cell phone on my belt. If I have to tuck in my shirt, then I would prefer a pocket gun instead of IWB like I normally carry.
    I'm with jtrnbow1. I would choose comfort. And if I had to wear a tucked in shirt in would go with pocket carry if I'm able.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links