Any one use a Wallet Holster?

This is a discussion on Any one use a Wallet Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Beretta 950B 25acp that I have as a backup to my backup. I have a wallet holster for it and was wondering ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Any one use a Wallet Holster?

I have a Beretta 950B 25acp that I have as a backup to my backup.
    I have a wallet holster for it and was wondering if any one else uses one of these things.
    Attached Images
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

If the wallet hides the pistol completely I believe it is illegal under federal law.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I had a Galco Wallet Holster for a Beretta .22 very similar to yours. I have been told they are not legal due to they completely cover the gun. Also they impinge on the slide enough to make the gun malfunction. I would advise you to remove this post ASAP.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Maybe if they made one that holds a 1911
    SpringerXD and Glock2201 like this.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

I remember thinking about getting one for a back-pocket BUG way back (like maybe 20yrs back) and just couldn't get over the fact that the trigger wasn't covered, which of course is essential to the design, and wondering how it would affect the slide - and I was shooting .25, I figure I'd want more than one shot!

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    i thought they were only illegal if they couldnt be removed from the gun... but anywho cool holster. i can see the point behind them but i feel execution of design on these kind is kinda bad. i understand wanting it to print like a wallet but not necessarily looking exactly like a wallet. also i feel this would compromise the slide movment. how does it work for you? ive seen them but never operated a gun with one.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

I have an Uncle George for my LCP which I'll throw in my pocket in certain circumstances and I am very happy with it. I saw that other type being shown and wasn't too crazy about it.

Holster Photo Gallery
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

can someone quote the law that makes a fully concealed handgun illegal under federal law? This baffles me and blows my mind.. I have NEVER heard of such a thing.

On a more related note to the OPs question, I do not use any holster of that sort.. NOT covering the trigger is one of the things a holster is SUPPOSED to do.

I use a Desantis Superfly when I carry my LCP. Makes perfect sense to me. If a mugger confronts and demands my wallet he probably won't think anything of it when I reach to my back pocket to retrieve my wallet (LCP) for him. Imagine his surprise when he sees my wallet can shoot!
    God & Guns!

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I use a Guru wallet holster for my LCP from Pocket Holsters.com. I have the one with the zipper flap which conceals the gun but does not interfere with the draw when wearing Levi's or similar pants.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I have the Sig 238 wallet holster! A little big in the pocket though.

Do they make one that holds an AR-10?
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

If you want to conceal the outline of the gun in your pocket, use a pocket holster with an anti-print panel. The Desantis Superfly is one, the Guru holsters are another. I have several of the type made by Jim over at Hidden Holsters - Expertly Crafted Pocket Holsters. I highly recommend getting a thumb push-off, which is the reason I went with Jim - he was willing to add that, while the Guru folks were not.

There was also another one recently posted here that was cheaper and more readily available, made of fabric instead of leather, IIRC. Also held a spare mag. Poke around and you will find it.

here it is...http://www.maelwear.com/. (No thumb push off)

The wallet holsters do not cover the trigger, and can interfere with running the gun, as has been mentioned. Don't do it.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

A wallet holster that conceals it is a a firearm and allows the pistol to be fired in the holster is an AOW. Legal if you pay the $5 and get your stamp, otherwise you could be in a world of hurt. Firearms - Guides - Identification of Firearms | ATF That should take you straight to the section on wallet holsters, if not, just scroll down to it.
    Snub44 likes this.

if you are going to use it i would take it to the range and shoot some rounds to see if it will work. it will hide the gun well. i use a hunter brand wallet holster. it stay in your back pocket when you draw the gun. hides the gun well, makes it look like your billfold.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links